With more than 190,000 people, Capgemini is present in over 40 countries and celebrates its 50th Anniversary year in 2017. A global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services, the Group reported 2016 global revenues of EUR 12.5 billion. Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness. A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model.
Main Purpose Of Role
Capgemini has been contracted to provide Service Integrator service to Rolls Royce ensuring that services delivered by the EcoSystem Suppliers meet the contractual obligations and expectations of the customer. Incorporated in this contract is the provision of an It Operations Centre. The purpose of the IT Operations Centre is to identify issues within the IT Systems and act upon, preferably before they become service impacting or failing that, ensuring that issues are resolved as swiftly as possible.
We are looking for dynamic individuals with industry experience in large Service Management environments to work on this engagement, primarily to take part in the Command Centre operation.
The Operations Centre provides a view of the Systems within the environment. Utilising the monitoring tools this service is able to identify and then lead the resolution of issues as they arise. Through developments driven by the operations centre team the aim is to be preventing service impacting incidents by understanding the thresholds and alerts and reacting to them to prevent incidents.
The required individuals will be focussing on the monitoring and management of tooling generated alerts & events. These activities will support Incident Management, Problem Management, Event Management, Availability and Capacity and Change & Release Management. The successful individuals will be required to both understand and support these processes with data derived from the monitoring tools. This opportunity provides great learning experience by taking up diverse and challenging roles during the run phase of the engagement.
Candidates are required to have a working knowledge and experience in ITIL based Service Management and be able to manage several internal & external stakeholders. The individual should be ‘customer focussed and proficient in pro-actively identifying delivery challenges and collaborate on resolution activities as needed.
• Knowledge of corporate and commercial IT Systems and network technologies specifically those deployed across the Rolls Royce customer estate
• Logical fault diagnosis methodologies
• ITIL Process knowledge and awareness as well as service management best practice
• Knowledge of the working practices and infrastructure within data centres, operations centres and service desks
Skills and Experience
• Team player with the ability to build relationships with both colleagues and external clients
• Ability to contribute, challenge and propose ideas to technical teams
• High degree of attention to detail
• Analytical and methodical approach to working
• Flexibility within role and flexible approach to assigned work
• Enthusiastic, confident with a “can do” attitude
• Patience and consistency in the area of work.
• Experience of working with 3rd parties
• ITIL v3 Foundation certification or above
• Self starter; capable of working as part of a virtual team
• Flexibility and ability to cope with work pressure
• Excellent communications skills required
• Must be confident and have good leadership, communication and presentation skills
• Ability to work on own initiative, with minimal supervision, acting on alerts or to unusual data
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
If you are interested in this role please contact: Victor Mardi
Infrastructure T’s & C’s will apply upon successful appointment to this role.
Please note, closing dates on JobSpots are subject to change
For Infrastructure external recruitment, complete details of the vacancy on the following page.