An overview of the role
Job Title: Operations Bridge Lead
Discipline: Infra UK
Business Unit: SMC
Working Pattern: Full Time
Based in the Metropolitan Police Central Communications Command Centre, the Capgemini Operations Bridge is the heart of the IT delivery organisation. The Operations Lead will be accountable for ensuring that there is an effective bridge between the Authority’s Digital Policing teams and the MPS Business. While the operations bridge is 24/7 this role will be core hours.
The successful candidate will be fully flexible and ideally have experience of working in a large outsource service environment. The applicant will be highly motivated in managing the delivery of services, solutions, and operations.
Why this role?
The Operations Bridge Lead is accountable for ensuring the following responsibilities are fulfilled,
- Accountable for the management of Major Incidents and ensures effective interface to all associated processes (Major Incident Reporting, RCA, Problem Management, Knowledge Management)
- Ensure there is effective ownership and development of Operational Playbooks to drive swift resolution of major incidents
- Ensure there is effective ownership and delivery of executive communications
- Ensure there is effective facilitation and planning of all out of hours Change activity, resulting in effective communication, time planning, and preventing change or Business conflict.
- Ensure there is effective formal signoff for changes at planning stage
- Ensure the Operations Bridge act’s as the 'guardian' of change, providing ultimate sign off for changes to commence, determining and enforcing cut-off points for implementation, and being the key decision maker in back-out invocation.
- Ensure that prior to start of day, ensures that all Business-Critical services are available and performing, through effective alignment with Service Desk and all support teams.
- Ensure Operations Bridge Team are empowered to make technical decisions to the benefit of the Authority
- Maintain effective relationships with suppliers/ partners to organise the efficient supply of services within agreed contractual terms.
- Drive continuous improvement and proactive problem management for key IT systems
- Work with operational teams and the Authority to identify case studies for automation and assist with implementation.
Key skills required:
- Strong leadership and Stakeholder Management Skills
- Ability to present at all levels
- Demonstrate an ownership mentality
- Good technical knowledge across technology towers
- Delivery Management
- Strong customer communication skills
- ITIL v4 Foundation
- Able to interact with clients at all levels and deal with the challenges presented by a strong client with a high degree of technical expertise
- Managing of Major Incidents, providing leadership to resolution and clear communications throughout
- Able to lead teams and drive activities within tight timeframes
- Good team working capability
- Able to direct and drive Analytical Problem Solving and effective Root Cause Analysis
- Working effectively Under Pressure and To Tight Time Scales and can lead and motivate the team to do so
- Prioritising Work
Learning and development
There’s an endless amount to learn at Capgemini, and an endless number of ways to do so. So, you’ll also have unique training opportunities to take advantage of. Some of our consultants even have the chance to go to Les Fontaine (near Paris, France), where we host a conference. Outside of dedicated training, everyone makes time to help and support one another – collaboration is encouraged across all of our teams.
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 270,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fuelled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion.
Get the Future You Want | www.capgemini.com