An overview of the role
Discipline: Infra UK
Business Unit: SMC
Working Pattern: Full Time
Based in the Metropolitan Police Central Communications Command Centre, the Capgemini Operations Bridge is the heart of the IT delivery organisation. The Operations Controller will be the bridge between the Authority’s Digital Policing teams and the MPS Business. The Operations Bridge is a 24/7/ 365 days function.
The successful candidate will be fully flexible and ideally have experience of working in a large outsource service environment. The applicant will be highly motivated in managing the delivery of services, solutions and operations.
Why this role?
The key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Management of Major Incidents and ensures effective interface to all associated processes (Major Incident Reporting, RCA, Problem Management, Knowledge Management)
- Ownership and development of Operational Playbooks to drive swift resolution of major incidents
- Ability to own and Run executive communications
- Facilitates the planning of all out of hours Change activity, ensuring effective communication, time planning, and preventing change or Business conflict.
- Provide formal signoff for changes at planning stage
- The ‘guardian’ of change, providing ultimate sign off for changes to commence, determining and enforcing cut-off points for implementation, and being the key decision maker in back-out invocation.
- Prior to start of day, ensures that all Business-Critical services are available and performing, through effective alignment with Service Desk and all support teams.
- Empowered to make technical decisions to the benefit of the Authority
- Maintain effective relationships with suppliers/ partners to organise the efficient supply of services within agreed contractual terms.
- Drive continuous improvement and proactive problem management for key IT systems
- Work with operational teams and the Authority to identify case studies for automation and assist with implementation.
Key skills required:
- Good technical knowledge across technology towers
- Delivery Management
- Strong customer communication skills
- ITIL v3 Foundation
- Able to interact with clients and deal with the challenges presented by a strong client with a high degree of technical expertise
- Managing of Major Incidents, providing leadership to resolution and clear communications throughout
- Able to lead teams and drive activities within tight timeframes
- Good team working capability
- Methodical approach with good attention to detail
- Analytical Problem Solving
- Root Cause Analysis
- Working Under Pressure and To Tight Time Scales
- Prioritising Work
Learning and development
There’s an endless amount to learn at Capgemini, and an endless number of ways to do so. So, you’ll also have unique training opportunities to take advantage of. Some of our consultants even have the chance to go to Les Fontaine (near Paris, France), where we host a conference. Outside of dedicated training, everyone makes time to help and support one another – collaboration is encouraged across all of our teams.
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 270,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fuelled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion.
Get the Future You Want | www.capgemini.com