Any UK base
An overview of the role
The Operational Architect will report into the Chief Architect. You will oversee all account related architecture work and have a full understanding of the account contractual obligations. You will provide an advisory role to the lead on bids and pre-sales including solution design from bid stage through to acceptance by delivery. Build, maintain and co-ordinate the technical relationship with strategic suppliers and the client and identify where existing systems can be improved and/or modified to ensure maximum ROI is being achieved.
The Operational Architect has the following key responsibilities:
• To be a trusted source of technical knowledge for Client
• To assist the operational teams when the overarching technical view is needed, following the account strategy.
• To support or lead resolutions teams, when service is down and restore operational functionality,
• To ensure that we are able to look ahead and help the customer, doing the right thing.
• To ensure that we are delivering not just value for money, but also pragmatic, appropriate and cost-effective solutions, that exceed expectations,
• To produce, communicate and deploy innovative, secure, strategically aligned, pragmatic, appropriate and cost-effective solutions, that satisfy the business requirements customers projects and programmes, whilst minimising disruption to the live operation environment.
• To ensure that we are not just a technology focused supplier, but a trusted and valued partner.
• To give feedback to the account team.
• Working knowledge of delivery and project management skills. Project Risk Impact.
• Strong understanding of the Client technical layout using this to deliver his technical rationalization on the account.
• Awareness and understanding of ITIL concepts to ensure that Capgemini architecture documents consistently promote ITIL standards
• Ability to simplify concepts and pitch at different target audiences. Ability to translate from an ‘implementation’ to ‘run’ scenario and create relevant document set
• Excellent client skills, working with the TDA’s. Pre-sales & Post-sales
• Have working understanding of CODEC and cost template in use by the client
• Understand RightshoreTM and “Shift left delivery models”
• Fully understand Client business needs and requirements and manage customer expectations against these requirements.
While we’re a global consultancy, we’re made up of supportive, close-knit communities. Everyone wants to get the best solutions for our customers and create the best working environment.
Learning and development
There’s an endless amount to learn at Capgemini, and an endless number of ways to do so. So, you’ll also have unique training opportunities to take advantage of. Some of our consultants even have the chance to go to Les Fontaine (near Paris, France), where we host a conference. Outside of dedicated training, everyone makes time to help and support one another – collaboration is encouraged across all of our teams.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.