The speed of change is throwing traditional business methods into question and disrupting the relevance of entire industries. Capgemini, a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services, is at the forefront of innovation and well placed to address opportunities for our clients in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company with over 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of EUR 17 billion. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Let’s talk about the team:
- The role sits in Cloud Infrastructure Services (CIS) Global Business Line‘s Cloud & Edge Australia Organization, which is tasked with client advisory services, cloud project engagements and cloud service delivery.
Let’s talk about the role and responsibilities:
- Lead discussions on Okta
- Explain Okta and Identity Management principles and concepts,
- Speak with confidence to multiple types of stakeholders
- Communicate effectively
- Meet and exceed commitments
- Have good documentation skills
Let’s talk about your qualifications and experience:
- Expertise in OKTA, Access Gateway, Single Sign-On, Adaptive MFA, Universal directory, Advanced Server Access, API Access Management, Secure authentication, access management systems, Identity as a Service (IDaaS), WS-Federation, OAuth, OpenID Connect
- Extensive and demonstrated experience in end-to-end deployment of OKTA solution
- Experience with OKTA planning, implementation, and operations
- Experience in integrating Okta with on-premises directory and Cloud.
- Analyze, design, develop, implement, and support Okta integrations for various business functions
- Configure Okta to provide enterprise Single Sign-On services and enable Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) platform features for internal and external applications
- Identify required attributes, customizing log in pages and implement security policies
- Follow SDLC (Agile), change management and document the procedures on OKTA solutions to meet compliance requirements
- Assist application teams through the SDLC process (including requirements gathering, configuration, testing to integrate applications with Okta)
- Contribute to establishing repeatable processes for Access Management using Okta
- Ensure compliance to business transactions with policy and process of DOS.
- Understanding of cloud computing architecture, technical design and implementations, including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Software as a Service (SaaS) delivery models
- Experience in various authentication standards such as Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML), OAuth and OpenID Connect
- Experience with various LDAP products including AD
- Mentoring and training others in the use and functionality of the Okta SaaS products including MFA and ensuring analysis, design, implementation, and support artifacts meet or exceed established Service Level objectives
- Anticipate, identify, track and resolve technical issues
Let’s talk about what’s in it for you!
Passionate people are Capgemini’s Ace of Spades – join us to discover a career that will challenge, support and inspire you. Working at Capgemini you’ll find the rewards are more than just financial. You will work alongside some very smart and inspiring people on exciting projects and you will also enjoy incredible benefits. We offer flexible work practices and 40 hours of self-development every year with a huge selection of learning opportunities to choose from.
As “Architects of Positive Futures”, Capgemini actively supports the community in 3 ways:
Diversity and Inclusion - we believe diversity of thought fuels excellence and innovation, which is why we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified candidates regardless of their gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, ability, intersex status or age. To support our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we celebrate special events and days of significance that are important to our employees such as Diwali, Bastille Day, Pride, IDAHOBIT, IWD and International day of people with Disabilities. Our Employee Resource Groups Women@Capgemini and OutFront support the grassroots passion of employees to drive our diversity agenda and effect change.
Digital inclusion - at Capgemini we are using our skills to drive social impact initiatives focusing on helping society address the impact of the digital and automation revolution. We also provide employees with opportunities to give back to the community through charity projects and volunteer days.
Environmental Sustainability - Capgemini joined the CDP’s (Carbon Disclosure Project) prestigious “A list” for its commitment to the Net-Zero economy. We are focusing on helping our clients transform towards more sustainable business models and committing to reduce our own carbon emissions (GHG) by 20% per employee by 2020.
Recognised by Ethisphere as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies for the last 8 years in a row, ethics and values are at the heart of Capgemini’s corporate culture and business. Embedded in our DNA, our seven values – Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty – have remained the same since company inception in 1967. To see how we bring these values to life, click here to listen to some of our employee’s stories.
Come join us, bring your whole self to work, create new possibilities for you, your customers and your community and help us to be Architects of Positive Futures.
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.