As the leader for today’s leaders in financial services, Capgemini Financial Services brings deep industry experience, innovative service offerings and next-generation global delivery to serve the financial services industry. In fact, we currently serve 2/3rds of the world’s top banks and insurers combined. With a network of over 25,000 professionals serving nearly 1,000 clients worldwide, Capgemini Financial Services collaborates with leading banks, insurers and capital market companies to deliver business and IT solutions and thought leadership that create tangible value.
part-time on-site, part-time home working
Capgemini is looking for Java software engineers, technical analysts and architects with experience and/or interest in developing business-critical applications for the Financial Services industry. Your challenges include back-end, front-end and mobile solutions.
You will support our customers in analyzing, designing, implementing and testing Java solutions in national and international projects, in line with your ambitions.
In collaboration with your Project Manager, you will be responsible for the quality of the solution you develop.
As a Java consultant, you will manage the scope and quality of your own development activity, coach other engineers on challenging missions or assume responsibility for a team of developers while remaining responsible of the overall integration of the solution.
- Perform development according to specifications
- In line with your level of experience, participate in the analysis, estimation and planning processes
- Be accountable for timely and qualitative delivery
- Provide recommendations on a wide range of development-related topics
- Solve production issues
- Participate in releases and project launches
- Identify and report risks related to your tasks and propose mitigation actions
- Participate in new frameworks, mobile technologies and certification training
- Network and cooperate with your peers in our Development Communities
- Bachelor or Master degree or equivalent through relevant experience
- Sound experience in software engineering and development
- Maven is a must
- Good knowledge of
- Java, Java 8 is an asset
- Java EE
- Spring, Spring MVC and Spring Webflow
- Hibernate / JPA
- Source control management: GIT or SVN
- General best practices and design patterns
- JUnit, DBUnit is a plus
- REST, Web services
- Methodologies: SCRUM, UML, Agile, Application Design, Development life cycle
- Knowledge of a mocking framework is an asset
- SOA and microservices basics
- Basic knowledge of application servers
- Oracle Java certification is an asset
- Automated testing knowledge is an asset
- Knowledge in application performance: optimize, profile, tweak,…
- Networking knowledge: Routers, Firewalls, reverse proxies,…
- Team player
- Honest, open and respectful
- Active listening and comprehension skills
- Quality and result-driven
- Pro-active and assertive
- Accurate, reliable, responsible and proud
- Able to cope with stress
Languages and mobility
- Permanent residency in Belgium
- Fluent in English
- Dutch and French with at least one of both on a mother tongue or bilingual level
- Geographic mobility – you are open to discuss assignments anywhere in Belgium, and potentially abroad
What we offer you?
A dynamic environment with like-minded professionals and challenging projects for large clients at home and abroad. That is what you can expect when you start working with us.
We like to work together to achieve good results, but we think a pleasant working atmosphere is just as important. We regularly share knowledge with each other and regularly go out for a nice Friday afternoon drink. What else can you expect?
• Immediately a permanent contract with a suitable salary
• A company car and fuel card
• An expense allowance and a meal allowance
• 32 vacation days
• A non-contributory pension and hospitalization insurance
• A laptop, SIM card and connectivity fee. This way you can work from anywhere
Do you like to give our clients the insight they need? And will you become the driving force behind their (digital) transformation? Then we look forward to receiving your application. You can read more about Capgemini and our people on “Working at Capgemini”.
You can reach out to Catherine Jacobs via LinkedIn or simply click ‘Solliciteer nu’.
Have a great day!