An overview of the role
Capgemini Cloud Infrastructure Services has an established global Cloud Practice, tasked with client advisory services, cloud project engagements and cloud service delivery. As a result of consistently high demand, the Cloud Practice is looking to increase the scale of the architect team by recruiting an experienced Network Architect.
The applicant will be capable of architecting, designing and implementing robust network solutions. The applicant will be a good team player with experience of working in geographically dispersed support environments and with third party network service providers.
A highly technical role with a service and customer focus involving the design, evaluation and technical review of major network installations, implementation activities, client support, projects, transitions, due diligence exercises, and the development of new business solutions.
Capgemini is seeking to recruit a Network Engineer, ideally with experience of working in a large client outsourcing service environment, to work within a client facing project team. The applicant will be capable of designing and implementing robust network solutions. The applicant will be a good team player with experience of working in geographically dispersed support environments and with third party network service providers.
A good working knowledge of IP, Ethernet, routing and switching within LAN/WAN/Data Centre/ Public Cloud environments is essential. This includes:
- Software Defined Networks such as Cisco ACI, APIC ACI, MSO (Multi Site Orchestrator), NAE (Network Assurance Engine), ACI Anywhere; SD WAN e.g. Cisco vManage; SD Access e.g. DNAC, APIC EM, Cisco ISE.
- Automation/Orchestration: Network stack integration, Terraform, Ansible, Python, JSON, APIs.
- Security products e.g. Firewalls: Cisco (+Firepower Threat Defense), FortiGate, Fortinet SD-WAN solution.
- VMware NSX and other NFV products.
- Tooling e.g. Cisco Tetration, Solarwinds, CA
- Proven experience of supporting complex network technical solutions
- Proven experience of implementing change within Data Centre LAN environments
- Practical working knowledge of WAN/LAN/ management/virtualisation technologies and products from leading vendors
- Experience of tooling for systems management
- Recognised Cisco or other industry certification
- The candidate will need to be able to gain security clearance for government work; this process can take place once they have joined Capgemini but any job offer will be dependent on SC clearance being obtained.
At Capgemini, we strive to deliver excellence for our clients whilst also creating an environment where our people can thrive, develop, and enjoy a positive work-life balance. Flexible working allows us to be agile in how we deliver to our clients and by offering more freedom in where and how our people work, contributes to a better employee experience.
All UK employees are eligible to request flexible working arrangements, which can be either informal or formal. Your manager will discuss your request with you and review it to ensure any arrangements work for you, your clients, your team, and our business.
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 270,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fuelled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion.
Get the Future You Want | www.capgemini.com