- Strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware, Ability to think through problems and visualize solutions Ability to implement administer and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices including wireless access points firewall routers switches controllers
- Knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols, Ability to create accurate network diagrams and documentation for design and planning network communication systems.
- Provides specific detailed information for hardware and software selection Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources
- Ability to work with all levels of staff within and outside of IT and outside the organization, A self starter able to work independently but comfortable working in a team environment Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Dependable and flexible when necessary Network security experience Key Firewall vendors knowledge required Fortinet Cisco ASA Checkpoint Key Load Balancer vendors knowledge required NetScaler ADC and F5 including WAF component Key Proxy vendors knowledge required
- Bluecoat and Fortinet Other key knowledge areas Cisco Nexus Cisco ISE Cisco WLC Cisco Prime Infrastructure External DNS Portal management LAN and WAN experience
- Good knowledge of NAT and VPN on each of the Firewall vendors Good knowledge on load balancing and related features Hands on experience on vulnerability remediation and patching for network devices
- Routing and Switching