Highlands or Remote
The job on offer
This role sits in our established Network Operations Centre working with a team of L3 engineers based in Inverness and Nairn, developing towards Architect/SME status. You’ll be supported by an additional tier of level 3/4th line support from an extended Capgemini resolver team remotely located within the UK. Additionally, (following a period of acclimatization) you will be involved in internal and vendor technical bridges, and be expected to work independently, or as part of a wider team of people.
· L3 Network support.
· Network incident diagnostics/resolution
· Network change implementation via requests made via ITSM
· Over time network changes will be made via scripted changes which you will help to write
· Integrate within the established team
· Demonstrate a strong ‘can do’ attitude and willingness to progress
· Support & training will be provided to ensure further development
· Good knowledge of ITIL processes.
· Minimum of 2 years’ experience within IT and networking field
· Networking hands on experience with:
• Cisco ACI, APICs and Nexus switches
• Cisco IOS Routers
• Cisco IOS Switches
• Wi-Fi technologies including Cisco WLC
• Switching protocols like Spanning-Tree (RSTP, MST, PVST), Trunking, VTP, ether-channels and CDP
• Enterprise and service provider routing protocols like EIGRP, OSPF and BGP.
• Network management tools like SolarWinds and SNMP.
Load Balancer hands-on experience:
• F5 appliances including load balancers. Global Traffic Manager (GTM DNS) and iRules
At Capgemini, we strive to deliver excellence for our clients whilst also creating an environment where our people can thrive, develop, and enjoy a positive work-life balance. Flexible working allows us to be agile in how we deliver to our clients and by offering more freedom in where and how our people work, contributes to a better employee experience.
All UK employees are eligible to request flexible working arrangements, which can be either informal or formal. Your manager will discuss your request with you and review it to ensure any arrangements work for you, your clients, your team, and our business.
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 270,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fuelled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion.
Get the Future You Want | www.capgemini.com