The job on offer
You will be joining a recently established Network Operations Centre working with a team of L1/2 engineers based in Inverness and Nairn, developing towards 3rd line/SME status. You will be supported by an additional tier of level 3/4th line support from an extended Capgemini resolver team remotely located within the UK.
You will work as part of an established team, administering network support to multiple clients. Additionally, (following a period of acclimatization) you will be involved in internal and vendors technical bridges, and be expected to work independently, or as part of a wider team of people.
Having basic network skills, support and training will be provided to ensure further development.
What you’ll do
· Network support.
· Network incident diagnostics/resolution
· Simple CRQ implementation
· Raise CRQ within ITSM
· Integrate within the established team.
· Demonstrate a strong ‘can do’ attitude and willingness to progress
What you’ll bring
· Good knowledge of ITIL processes.
· Minimum of 2 years’ experience within the IT industry
· Networking hands on experience with:
• Cisco IOS and Nexus switches
• HP High end switches like 56XX series.
• Wi-Fi technologies including Cisco WLC and Cisco WCS.
• Switching protocols like Spanning-Tree (RSTP, MST, PVST), Trunking, VTP, ether-channels and CDP
• Enterprise and service provider routing protocols like EIGRP, OSPF and BGP.
• Network management tools like AAA (ACS or ISE) and SNMP.
· Security hands on experience with:
• Cisco ASA’s, Site to site VPN’s, AnyConnect VPN.
• Fortinet appliances including FortiGate firewalls and Forti-Manager (would be an advantage).
• Juniper firewalls (would be an advantage)
· Load Balancer hands-on experience with:
• F5 appliances including VMWare NSX load balancers. Kemp, Global Traffic Manager (GTM DNS) and iRules would be advantages
What we’ll offer you
This is an excellent opportunity to ‘grow with the role’ as the NOC becomes established and further develops its skills and client base.
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 270,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fuelled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion.
Get the Future You Want | www.capgemini.com