Tier 3 or Problem Management Engineer also called as Escalation Engineers, are expected to reduce the number of incidents causing service failures by detecting the root cause of recurrent failures and implementing the proper changes to eliminate, minimize the possibility of further failures or minimizing the impact of incidents. This team is focused on long term prevention and reduction of failures.
These groups are responsible for providing required level 3 support to the Incident Management teams, Change management Team, Problem management Team. They perform complex diagnostics to resolve the customer service impacting incidents. They provide continual updates to the incident owners in order to meet contractual and performance objectives
Inputs to Tire 3 Engineer:
- Incident details provided from Incident management teams;
- Configuration details (Hardware and software)
- Previously published Known-Errors;
- Vendor or Partner information.
- Inputs from Tire 2 Engineers
- Severity 1 & 2 Incident detected by the Managed Service Platform
- Inputs from customer on Audit Findings.
・Own the problem until a work-around or permanent resolution is identified
- Working in 24×7 rotational shifts in NOC (Network Operations Center) for a major SP support.
- Handling Incidents and drive to restorations or permanent resolutions
- To participate in internal and external discussions for new solution deployments
- To analyze the performance trends and do a forecasting and proactively plan the traffic migrations so as to avoid traffic congestion on the identified links.
- To publish Known-Errors discovered during problem investigation and supporting problem manager in documentation of major P1, P2 incidents
- Participate on weekly incident review calls with the customer and Participate in ops planning calls with customer and give recommendations on network architectures and changes required.
- Change Management Responsibilities: Tier3 is also responsible for the preparation / Validation of Method of Procedures for execution of Major changes.
- Tier 3 is also responsible for the execution of Major service impacting changes and perform UAT post execution of changes
- Plan and Execute changes into productions network through change management process.
- Tire 3 escalation engineers are expected to coordinate with TAC and BU for all escalated issues till the closure of the issue.
- Perform Network Audit and give change recommendations. Perform the changes in network based on agreement with customer.
- Perform Release upgrades and Architectural changes in the network.
Required Skill Set:
・Proficient Level Understanding/Knowledge, Hands on Experience (Troubleshooting and configurations) on the following technologies:
- Cisco IOS, IOS-XR & IOX-XE – Hands on Experience Routing
- Data Center Switching- Hands on Experience Switching
- Hands on Experience (Troubleshooting and configurations) on ASR 9K & ASR 99xx, NCS 5xx, NCS 50XX Series Routers
- Hands on Experience (Troubleshooting and configurations) on Nexus 5K, 7K, 9K switches
- Hands on Experience (Troubleshooting and configurations) on Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI)
- ACI integration with virtual environments
Education & Experience:
・Bachelor of Engineer or equivalent degree.
・CCIE /CCNP – Routing & Switching or Data Center. (Mandatory).
・ITIL Foundation V3
・8-12 years of overall experience in Large SP or Enterprise with at least 4-5 Years in the relevant technologies.
Attributes of a Successful Candidate
- A creative, positive and proactive can-do attitude and a willingness to learn new technologies, processes and procedures.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressured, cross functional, cross country, territory and theatre environment.
- Ability to work as a team player and to work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate high-level of maturity and confidentiality.
- Attention to detail and interpersonal skills
- Possess good communications skills