UK Wide Role.
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion. People matter, results count.
Who you’ll be working with
Capgemini Cloud Infrastructure Services has recently streamlined their operations around an IT services supply chain model. As part of this initiative, they have established a global Cloud Practice, tasked with client advisory services, cloud project engagements and cloud service delivery. As a result, the Cloud Practice is looking to build on its architect team by recruiting experienced cloud architects and consultants.
The focus of your role
Capgemini is seeking to recruit a Network Architect, ideally with experience of working in a large client outsourcing service environment, to work within a client facing project team. The applicant will be capable of architecting, designing and implementing robust network solutions. The applicant will be a good team player with experience of working in geographically dispersed support environments and with third party network service providers.
What you’ll do
A highly technical role with a service and customer focus involving the design, evaluation and technical review of major network installations, implementation activities, client support, projects, transitions, due diligence exercises, and the development of new business solutions.
This is a varied role requiring a broad range of advanced network skills including:
- Design technical solutions covering product selection for the key components of the network technology stack, including network hardware/software, load balancers, firewalls, proxies and sizing.
- Provide ideas and innovation and maintain a view of emerging technologies that could enhance the Capgemini service offering for network propositions.
- Provide the overall network technical strategy and leadership for a client, project or bid.
- Review of client network infrastructures and propose options for improvements.
- Ability to work to deadlines and drive complex network proposals to conclusion
- Taking information from customer and or project specifications and turning those into completed design definitions and leading the implementation of those changes for the project.
- Compliance with a stringent change management process, where levels of accuracy of proposed implementation activities will be subject to the fullest review and delivery must follow the agreed plan.
A good working knowledge of IP, Ethernet, routing and switching within LAN/WAN/Data Centre/ Public Cloud environments is essential.
- Software Defined Networks such as Cisco ACI, APIC ACI, MSO (Multi Site Orchestrator), NAE (Network Assurance Engine), ACI Anywhere; SD WAN e.g. Cisco vManage; SD Access e.g. DNAC, APIC EM, Cisco ISE.
- Automation/Orchestration: Network stack integration, Ansible, Python, JSON, APIs.
- Security products e.g. Algosec and Tufin. Firewalls: Cisco (+Firepower Threat Defense), FortiGate, Fortinet SD-WAN solution.
- VMware NSX
- Tooling e.g. Cisco Tetration
Additional experience with load balancers, hardware proxy devices, IDS/AV, and Voice technologies would be desirable.
Experience with key vendors, primarily Cisco (IOS, NX-OS, ACI) / F5 (LTM, GTM, ASM) / Bluecoat / Fortigate / Checkpoint, other vendor experience is welcome and beneficial.
What you’ll bring
What you’ll bring
- Proven experience of designing complex network technical solutions using third parties as required in multi tenanted/shared environments
- Proven experience of designing and implementing complex Data Centre LAN environments
- Practical working knowledge of WAN/LAN/Public Cloud connectivity/ management/virtualisation technologies and products from leading vendors
- Experience of network consolidation, and associated capacity planning to provide increased availability and flexibility
- Experience of tooling for systems management
- Practical working knowledge of network protocols and standards
- Practical working knowledge of Telco/network provider service offers
- Practical working knowledge of network security
- Ability to cost and estimate projects with limited information and ensuring assumptions, risks and issues have been captured
- Ability to review network projects and proposals making recommendations
- Excellent client and communication skills, good presentation both verbal and written
- Manages own time, ability to work to deadlines and drive complex issues to conclusion.
- Flexible approach to working hours and location
- Ability to work as part of a dispersed team but also self-motivated
- Ability to explain technical issues to non-technical staff
- Broad experience of IT solution development
- Recognised Cisco or other industry certification
- Excellent consultancy skills
- Ability to perform and conduct workshops and meetings to develop client solutions
- Experience of outsourcing business, organisation and personalities
- Security operations and management
- Data centre and storage networking knowledge and experience
- Mobility skills/knowledge
- Experience of third-party management (Telco and network providers)
- Previous experience of designing, implementing and supporting infrastructure solutions for large outsourced clients would be beneficial.
- Travel away from home may be required on occasions.
- The candidate will need to be able to gain security clearance for government work; this process can take place once they have joined Capgemini, but any job offer will be dependent on SC clearance being obtained.
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefit package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-ground-breaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs