An overview of the role
You will be working on a client site, delivering great customer support acting as a single point of contact for IT user related issues. You will be working within a team environment working in collaboration to deliver a high standard of IT related customer Service.
The role will involve working with a small team of engineers providing LAN, WAN and Voice services across a number of sites. Working to maintain the Network service as well as supporting diverse projects including new sites and new buildings.
- Cisco CCNA qualification
- Install Cisco hardware including understanding of smart licences and regular IOS updates
- Troubleshooting skills and support for network and telecom infrastructure
- Strong analytical abilities and professional office experience needed
- Good project planning skills with the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Able to work within and maintain, specific network security and cabling standards
- Undertakes a range of analogue telephony installations, including incidents
- Work with phone cabling in the frame room and out on site within DPs and Sub DPs
- Design of new phone installations
- Regular testing of emergency phones
- SC clearance
- Sole UK Nationality
- Should be prepared to work overtime
- Based at Barrow in Furness (Mon-Thurs 08:00-16:30) (Fri 08:00-13:30)
- Knowledge of analogue phone cabling and PBX
- Exposure to Wireless Networks and Prime
- Experience or exposure to SolarWinds
- Experience with cabling databases such as Pinpoint
- Full driving licence
- Configuration of Avaya PBX
- Capacity Management of phone extensions and Gateway cards
- Perform software updates of the Avaya PBX
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.