As Network Engineer you will work in a team responsible for daily management, operation and troubleshooting of core datacenter network platforms as well as dedicated customer LAN/WLAN/WAN networks. We are looking for a structured person with technical and practical attitude with professionalism. You should be analytical with a solid technical base. You are able to focus on the outcome and make things happen on an agreed timeframe.
Typical tasks and responsibilities for a Network Engineer are:
- Daily management, operation and development of Datacenter Network platforms and customer network environments globally
- Secure and restore quality in maintained platforms, networks and solutions acting as 3rd line technical support for our offshore teams.
- Actively participate in solving network issues and service disturbances
- Work with various subject matter experts to resolve escalated issues within the time constraints of the defined service level agreements
- Active participation in knowledge creation and sharing internal to the team and wider audience
- Contribute in investigations, projects, preliminary studies, requirement specifications, tests and POC’s
- Suggest standards, instructions, methods and procedures concerning network operation
- Keeping up to date high professionalism and industry knowledge
Desired Skills and Experience
- Msc or Bsc degree in Technical Science or/and the same level of expertise achieved through work experience
- 3+ years of experience in network operations, management, engineering and development
- Knowledge of Datacenter networking (Cisco Nexus 9k, 7k, 5k series)
- Good knowledge of Campus LAN networking
- Good knowledge of large scale Wireless LAN deployments
- Good knowledge of BGP and OSPF routing
- Good knowledge of network firewall administration
- Knowledge of VPN and load balancing environments is considered as an advantage
- Familiar with ITIL framework
- Required skills / personal characteristics
- Positive and enthusiastic, service minded with a strong customer focus
- Highly motivated, analytical, structured, result oriented, innovative
- Self-driven and have the ability to work towards a common goal without micro management
- Cooperative in team, contribute by sharing ideas and knowhow
- Dare to voice your opinion and initiatives
- Cisco CCNA or equal certificate in network technology required or equivalent knowledge acquired by work experience. Cisco CCNP certification is considered as an advantage
- Fluent English for daily work, good communication and documentation skills
- Fluent or native Finnish
- Finnish citizenship required
- Willingness to undergo Finnish Security Police background checks
- Ability to adapt to multicultural and international environment
- Ability to deliver presentations to customers and wider audiences
We offer you challenging position in a growing, international company with full of interesting assignments, space and freedom for your new ideas, and support for developing and widening your competence through our comprehensive training programs. We have a great workplace with excellent team spirit. For us your balance between professional challenges and personal life is important. Your total reward package includes base compensation, performance based bonus and the benefits of an international employer. You will be working full-time in Helsinki capital area.
Position will be filled as soon as we find the right candidate or latest in September 2017. Candidates will be reviewed and interviewed continuously during the application period.
For further information please contact with Mikko Blomqvist email@example.com
With more than 190,000 people, Capgemini is present in over 40 countries and celebrates its 50th Anniversary year in 2017. A global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services, the Group reported 2016 global revenues of EUR 12.5 billion. Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness. A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model.
Learn more about us at www.capgemini.comApply now