An overview of the role
You will be joining a recently established Network Operations Centre working with a team of L1/2 engineers based in Inverness and Nairn, developing towards 3rd line/SME status. You will be supported by an additional tier of level 3/4th line support from an extended Capgemini resolver team remotely located within the UK.
You will work as part of an established team, administering network support to multiple clients. Additionally, (following a period of acclimatization) you will be involved in internal and vendors technical bridges, and be expected to work independently, or as part of a wider team of people. Having basic network skills, support and training will be provided to ensure further development.
Why this role?
- Network support and Network incident diagnostics/resolution
- Simple CRQ implementation and Raise CRQ within ITSM
- Integrate within the established team.
- Demonstrate a strong ‘can do’ attitude and willingness to progress
- Good knowledge of ITIL processes.
- Cisco IOS and Nexus switches and HP High end switches like 56XX series.
- Wi-Fi technologies including Cisco WLC and Cisco WCS.
- Switching protocols like Spanning-Tree (RSTP, MST, PVST), Trunking, VTP, ether-channels and CDP
- Enterprise and service provider routing protocols like EIGRP, OSPF and BGP.
- Network management tools like AAA (ACS or ISE) and SNMP.
- Cisco ASA’s, Site to site VPN’s, AnyConnect VPN.
- Fortinet appliances including FortiGate firewalls and Forti-Manager (would be an advantage).
- Juniper firewalls (would be an advantage)
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 270,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fuelled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion.
Get the Future You Want | www.capgemini.com