Capgemini is seeking to recruit a Network Architect, ideally with experience of working in a large client outsourcing service environment, to work within a client facing project team. The applicant will be capable of architecting, designing and implementing robust network solutions. The applicant will be a good team player with experience of working in geographically dispersed support environments and with third party network service providers.
A highly technical role with a service and customer focus involving the design, evaluation and technical review of major network installations, implementation activities, client support, projects, transitions, due diligence exercises, and the development of new business solutions.
This is a varied role requiring a broad range of advanced network skills including:
• Design technical solutions covering product selection for the key components of the network technology stack, including cloud services & connectivity, network hardware/software, load balancers, firewalls, proxies and sizing.
• Provide ideas and innovation and maintain a view of emerging technologies that could enhance the Capgemini service offering for network propositions.
• Provide the overall network technical strategy and leadership for a client, project or bid.
• Review of client network infrastructures and propose options for improvements.
• Ability to work to deadlines and drive complex network proposals to conclusion
• Taking information from customer and or project specifications and turning those into completed design definitions and leading the implementation of those changes for the project.
• Compliance with a stringent change management process, where levels of accuracy of proposed implementation activities will be subject to the fullest review and delivery must follow the agreed plan.
Capgemini Cloud Infrastructure Services has an established global Cloud Practice, tasked with client advisory services, cloud project engagements and cloud service delivery. As a result of consistently high demand, the Cloud Practice is looking to increase the scale of the architect team by recruiting an experienced Network architect.
A good working knowledge of IP, Ethernet, routing and switching within LAN/WAN/Data Centre/ Public Cloud environments is essential.
Experience with any of the latest generation of networking technologies is highly desirable e.g.:
• Software Defined Networks such as Cisco ACI, APIC ACI, MSO (Multi Site Orchestrator), NAE (Network Assurance Engine), ACI Anywhere; SD WAN e.g. Cisco vManage; SD Access e.g. DNAC, APIC EM, Cisco ISE.
• Automation/Orchestration: Network stack integration, Terraform, Ansible, Python, JSON, APIs.
• Security products e.g. Firewalls: Cisco (+Firepower Threat Defense), FortiGate, Fortinet SD-WAN solution.
• VMware NSX and other NFV products.
• Tooling e.g. Cisco Tetration, Solarwinds, CA
Additional experience with load balancers, hardware proxy devices, IDS/AV, and Voice technologies would be desirable.
Experience with key vendors, primarily Cisco (IOS, NX-OS, ACI) / F5 (LTM, GTM, ASM) / Bluecoat / Fortigate / Checkpoint, Azure, Amazon and Google Cloud plus other vendor experience is welcome and beneficial.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
• Travel away from home may be required on occasions.
• The candidate will need to be able to gain security clearance for government work; this process can take place once they have joined Capgemini but any job offer will be dependent on SC clearance being obtained.