The Application Development & Maintenance (ADM) practice is the largest practice within Capgemini Financial Services.
ADM is the primary home for delivery focused individuals, and as such we have established a number of partnerships with the wider industry including Microsoft, IBM, Sun and Oracle – to name but a few – with whom we collaborate on a regular basis to bring new and innovative solutions to the market.
Given our diverse skillset, ADM is involved in all aspects of client work within the Financial Services sector, and aims to provide exciting and challenging work to our employees whilst also ensuring individuals have a defined progression path combined with a certification process that allows them to manage their development and careers at Capgemini.
- Work on all stages of the development lifecycle.
- Expected to own problems and drive through solutions..
- Working with the business analysts peers and project managers to understand and deliver requirements.
- Analysing requirements to find the most appropriate technical solution.
- Document designs and communicate them with the team.
- Ensure adherence to technical standards SDLC including quality measures.
- Working with the Delivery team globally and escalate any technical issues roadblocks or project risks to the Program Implementation Lead.
- Support the Program Manager with estimations relating to the specialized areas or components.
- Participate in daily stand up or scrum meetings.
- Decision making and Problem Solving.
- Solid background in component and object oriented programming design.
- Experience of Agile methodologies.
- .NET developer with strong debugging skills.
- Extensive experience designing and developing enterprise grade software.
- Familiarity with complex system integration and excellent understanding of the full SDLC lifecycle, especially agile methodologies.
- Strong design skills and experience working with high volume data sets and high throughput messaging and batch systems.
- Experience with source control management systems, continuous integration deployment environments, automated testing object oriented and service oriented application development techniques and theories.
- Experience in a financial institution with exposure to Investment Banking would be of benefit together, with general understanding of the finance markets and financial products.
- Proficient with Microsoft technologies.
- Highly motivated team player.
- Enthusiastic and eager to learn.
- Demonstrates initiative.
- Dedicated and reliable.
- Organized manages time well.
- Detail oriented.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a virtual team across boundaries.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to establish direction and drive progress.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to foster working relationships with all stakeholders.
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.