- 2+ years of experience managing MongoDB, experience with Atlas hosted MongoDB is a plus
- Familiar with MongoDB deployment topology, server metrics around oplog, replication and node health
- Familiar with MongoDB Client configuration parameters such as connection pool parameters, read and write preference etc.
- Ability to analyze and provide insights from mongodb server logs using Splunk or metrics from Prometheus
- Experience executing changes and upgrades in databases in size running in Terabytes or more. Comfortable identifying safe execution sequence and implementing those changes in an iterative manner, with zero downtime, coordinating with various stakeholders.
- Passionate about monitoring, observability, and sustainable infrastructure. When you’re on call you want to be able to figure out what’s wrong quickly and when you can’t you go back and add dashboards or new monitors.
- Good communication, documentation, and people skills. You should be able to explain clearly what problems you’ve been working on and share that knowledge with the rest of the team to help all of us learn together.
- Willing and able to participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation. While none of us wants to wake up in the middle of the night we all know the unexpected will eventually happen and our customers, partners, and our team depend on us.
Additional responsibilities & expectations include:
- Participate in various technical and architectural discussions both within the team and across the organization.
- Drive technical teams towards an “Automate Everything” approach to systems management and DevOps Engineering practices.
- Ability to stay focused and calm in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong sense of ownership and responsibility for the overall product and the success of the business, not just the infrastructure under your direct control.