Job Title: Migration Architect
Location: Chicago IL
Travel/Relocation: Remote till Covid Restrictions
- Work with Security Architect and Cloud EA to design a framework for ingesting new applications through an automated pipeline across a variety of platforms that includes endpoint network storage data and application infrastructure assessments with actionable recommendations
- Develop architectural documentation and or artifacts for use in migrating on premise MPC workloads to IaaS cloud platforms from on premise to AWS IBM Cloud and IBM Cloud
- Develop current target and transition architectures ensuring the modernization of integration points which are consistent scalable and flexible for MPC applications
- Develop architectural documentation and or artifacts for use in migrating a core mainframe system to IBM ZCloud technologies including solutioning knowledge transfer and key decision making
- Develop architectural documentation and or artifacts for use in migrating AIX workloads to IBM cloud native technologies including solutioning knowledge transfer and key decision making
- Develop architectural documentation and or artifacts for use in migrating x86 workloads to AWS cloud native technologies including solutioning knowledge transfer and key decision making Design for and enable execution across multiple IaaS platforms as part of our Cloud Smart strategy including AWS IBM Cloud and IBM zCloud
- Lead architecture planning sessions which identify and capture the business and technical capabilities needed to accelerate cloud adoption and migration
- Develop and apply architectural reference patterns and standards that guide the selection development implementation and use of technologies across the enterprise specifically within IaaS SaaS and PaaS ecosystems
- Facilitate and lead business and migration focused technical working sessions with a variety of stakeholders across the enterprise to accelerate migration to cloud and achieve a desired outcome and consensus
- Collaborate on architecture reviews to assess the integrity and quality of proposed technical solutions
- Identify and provide recommendations for the acceptance or mitigation of any issues and risks associated with requirements proposed solutions architectural designs implementation plans and timelines
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
What we offer:
Your career matters to you and is important to us too. Because your goals and needs are constantly evolving, we offer visibility, leeway and support to help you grow and progress in your career. This approach builds notably on our comprehensive competency framework, our personal development, training and career management programs, and our University innovative and business-focused learning curriculums.
We promote a culture of diversity. We believe working with talented individuals from different backgrounds and points of view is a strategic advantage and an ongoing opportunity. Diversity enriches our creative solutions and adds value for our clients.
With the digital tech sector growing at a rapid pace and women significantly underrepresented in the industry, we are determined to inspire and recruit more women into technology and build diverse teams that reflect the clients we serve.
Our Shared values have been at the heart of the group since our formation. They are honesty, boldness, trust, freedom, team spirit, modesty and fun. These values influence the way we meet client needs while respecting the regulatory requirements of each country in which we operate, and the way we promote ethically sound practices within Capgemini and in our partnerships.
Capgemini is committed to building a workforce of employees with diverse backgrounds and work experiences. We strongly encourage women, veterans and active military service personnel to apply.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.