Any Base UK – (expected to work in Barrow 2 to 3 days a week)
The job on offer
As a Microsoft Technology Architect – SME, you will work with operational and project teams to provide detailed designs, build and guidance on various aspects of Microsoft solutions.
The role is responsible for: –
• Private, Public & Hybrid Microsoft Cloud solutions– architecting, designing, building and testing new and existing Infrastructures (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) capabilities
• Consulting, strategy, architecture, high-level design and technical leadership.
• Producing high-level and low-level designs, build, configuration, and testing.
• Providing guidance and support for transitions.
• Design, supervise and build Microsoft Technologies i.e. (Active Directory, DNS, GPOs, File & Print.. etc)
• Greenfield Private Public & Hybrid Cloud – architecting, designing, building and testing new Microsoft Technology solutions.
• Large transformation projects
• Bid work providing solutions and costs
• Service Design: High-level architecture design for core Microsoft Technology solutions
• Plan and prepare design review presentation with Architects and Service Managers to validate or decide on major architecture evolutions
Working in Capgemini as Microsoft Technology Architect – SME, you will be working in an environment that:
• Partner closely with all the major clients and 3rd parties
• Foster a collaborative working environment with clients, vendors, partners and other business units to develop and execute innovative and competitive Microsoft Technology projects for new and existing clients
• Operate at any point in a project lifecycle, from proposal creation through to the delivery of transformation projects
• Provide practical working knowledge with an understanding of the latest Microsoft Technology technologies
Why this role?
The type of client Capgemini work with is wide and diverse in their nature, but here are a few examples of the type of work we do using Microsoft Technology Architect – SME.
• You’ll have a hugely positive impact in this role and will be responsible for all aspects of pre-sales and project related Microsoft Technology as Architect and SME
o In depth knowledge of Windows Server eco system with awareness of tools and trends
o Knowledge of Server hardware Rack and Blade (HP, DELL or IBM)
o OS & software lifecycle management (Evergreen upgrades of Windows Server, Server Hardware and other major changes)
o Security & compliance (Anti-Virus, firewall, disk and removable storage encryption, data protection)
o System management, remote control, inventory, updates, through SCCM on-premises and cloud services)
o Design and Document Active Directory, DNS, GPOs, File & Print.. etc
If you are the type of individual with highest calibre, who exhibit the following attributes, experience and skills that enable them to deliver rapid value to our clients, then this role could be right for you.
So, what kind of skills and qualities are we looking for?
• Ability to achieve MOD SC Security Clearance
• Strong Communication skills (written and verbal) in English
• Proven track record working with clients
• Ability to converse with various stakeholders at different levels
• Demonstration of a wide Infrastructure & Industry knowledge on various technical products
• Capable of delivering presentations to internal and external stakeholders
• Understanding of Project and Programme Governance
• Good working knowledge of processes and procedures (e.g. DELIVERY, ITIL)
• Understanding of commercial models and costing development
• Ability to manage and control technical risks and work with assumptions
At Capgemini, we strive to deliver excellence for our clients whilst also creating an environment where our people can thrive, develop, and enjoy a positive work-life balance. Flexible working allows us to be agile in how we deliver to our clients and by offering more freedom in where and how our people work, contributes to a better employee experience.
All UK employees are eligible to request flexible working arrangements, which can be either informal or formal. Your manager will discuss your request with you and review it to ensure any arrangements work for you, your clients, your team, and our business.
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 270,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fuelled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion.
Get the Future You Want | www.capgemini.com