Who you’ll be working with
You’ll be joining a passionate, professional and highly skilled team of architects and engineers who specialise in building and integrating custom software solutions at enterprise scale. Innovation in delivery is always at the forefront of our minds, which is why we utilise a variety of cloud, open source and proprietary technologies to achieve the best possible outcome for our clients.
We have world class architecture and software engineering communities; we invest in doing things right and have plenty to say on the subject. We’re active on social media and for those that want to find out more, take a look.
The focus of your role
Solution Architects shape and define solution architectures for our clients. These architectures are used to define project plans, manage detailed design, inform technical risk analysis and support estimation.
We work with a client from the earliest stages of a project (potentially in a presales capacity) through to delivery and ‘go live’. We provide technical leadership and support to the Programme Director or Engagement manager.
As a member of our solution architecture team, you will bring a mix of technical skills, industry insight, business acumen and leadership. You will forge close working relationships not only with our architecture and engineering teams in UK and India, but also with the many other disciplines in Capgemini such as engagement managers and account executives. You will take a leading role in both delivery and business development to shape and design innovative, custom solutions for our clients.
What you’ll do
- Work on some of the most bleeding edge cloud-native architectures in development today.
- Take end-to-end ownership of shaping solutions & defining the right architectural approach.
- Support estimation, planning and delivery as a Technical Leader.
- Collaborate closely with our engineering teams to ensure our solutions are built to reflect your solution vision and make the best use of current development practices.
- Maintain technical relationships with our clients and technology partners.
- Be a trusted technology adviser to our clients as well as to Capgemini colleagues.
What you’ll bring
- Excellent knowledge of exploiting Microsoft Azure for delivery of cloud-native solutions
- A self-motivated desire to continually learn and improve.
- A strong background in Microsoft technology; experience of building scalable, resilient and secured applications using Microsoft SharePoint, Dynamics 365 and Microsoft .NET.
- Exposure to and some experience of working with structured architecture approaches (e.g. TOGAF).
- Experience of working in collaborative teams.
- Experience of Agile / Scrum methodology.
Desirable experience of
Microsoft Azure solution architect certification.
Working with distributed, off-shore delivery teams.
Working knowledge of relevant technologies and software architecture practices such as:
o SharePoint Online
o Microsoft Dynamics 365
o Azure Platform as a Service
o Office 365 solutions
o Containerisation technologies: Docker or Kubernetes.
What we’ll offer you
Are you interested to work with and learn from the best, most inspiring architects and engineers in the UK? Do you want to be part of a global community of more than 6,500 architects? Do you want to be rewarded for striving to continually improve? Do you want to build your personal brand through blogging and public speaking?
Coupled with the training, tooling, development and career progression of a large multinational business, this goes some way to describing what’s in it for you at Capgemini. We work with some of the world’s largest brands, in some of the most interesting and complex projects underway in modern IT.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often ground-breaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini is proud to represent nearly 130 nationalities and its cultural diversity. Our holistic definition of diversity extends beyond gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, race, age and religion. Capgemini views diversity as everything that makes us who we are as an organization, including our social background, our experiences in life and work, our communication styles and even our personality. These dimensions contribute to the type of diversity we value the most: diversity of thought.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that working full-time isn’t necessarily right for everyone. So we’d love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role, and would like to work flexibly. As an example, some of our team members work four days a week, but travel across the UK during their working days. Or you might prefer to work three days a week (in a job share scenario) with travel limited to Greater London. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.
Find out more and apply