A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2017 global revenues of EUR 12.8 billion. People matter, results count.
Our passion for leading edge technology drives us, constant development thrills us, and our amassed skills and experiences are what make us successful. People, Technology and Innovation is always at the forefront of our minds, which is why we are a Microsoft Gold Partner, leading the way in Microsoft Solutions for our clients.
Our consultants collaborate with clients and developers to identify, explain, design and implement the right solutions and processes for our clients. Working as subject matter experts and trusted advisors in everything DevOps related, our consultants are able to build out a continuous integration process married with a solid release strategy while having the ability to upskill our customer’s team members and advise on best practice and strategy to management. Your passion for DevOps will be anchored in Microsoft technologies while being aware of other open source options to be able to give well rounded and extremely informed advice.
You will work with a team that delivers some of the biggest and most exciting IT programmes globally, all built on the Microsoft platform. You’ll be working with multiple teams of specialists, covering the full Microsoft stack. The market is moving to a full online model, which will give you the opportunity to on work on client projects at the forefront of technology trends. With our clients based across the UK you’ll never have a dull moment or find yourself short of challenges!
In your work, you will be expected to deliver consulting assignments (as well as support sales and pre-sales activities). Tasks may include:
- Understand the current client/project landscape and define and design the DevOps processes
- Identify the Accelerators that can be introduced to assist with the implementation and adoption of DevOps within the project and organisation.
- Implementation of DevOps process including ensuring the adoption by the development teams.
- Manage and Maintain the DevOps processes throughout the lifecycle of the project.
- Use effective communication to work with development teams to constantly enhance, document, found processes, improve coordination and increase the operational performance and security of systems.
- Working with the wider Capgemini DevOps community to identify and develop new accelerators that can be introduced to new and existing projects.
- Exposure to a variety of industries e.g. Retail, Utilities, Manufacturing, Transport, Health.
We are looking for the highest quality individuals who bring the following attributes, experience and skills that enable them to deliver rapid value to our clients:
Broad understanding of DevOps but with in-depth knowledge and experience of implementations with the Microsoft product stack (Azure/.NET, Dynamics or SharePoint)
An understanding of the following areas:
- ALM architecture design using Azure DevOps / VSTS / TFS
- Source code control repository for Team Foundation Version Control (TFVC) or Git
- Azure Services (Application Insights, Azure DevTest Lab, API Management, Web and Mobile Apps, Windows VM etc.)
- Continuous Integration, Delivery & Quality with best patterns & practices
- Build configuration and packaging management
- Azure DevOps architecture, its main components, its integration with other tools and services and using Extensions to leverage the processes.
- Awareness of other CI, CD & build automation tools (Jenkins, Quick Build, Teamcity, GitLab, Octopus Deploy etc.)
A desire to continually develop your knowledge of new functionality in the Microsoft platforms, keeping on top of roadmaps, studying for certifications and being ahead of the curve in regards to what the future holds and how it can benefit our clients.
Excellent consulting skills:
- You form strong and lasting relationships with clients and colleagues, and these interactions should be second nature to you.
- You have an ability to clearly articulate and present your ideas and solutions
- Flexible attitude, critical thinking and the ability to engage with stakeholders at every level – from C-suite to end user.
- Demonstrable skills in facilitating workshops, gathering and documenting requirements, translating requirements into business processes, stakeholder engagement, creative thinking, presentation and coaching.
- A strong academic and continuing professional development record, and ideally a strong university background or a management qualification.
Ideally you will have had previous experience within a consultancy role, with experience of:
- Full lifecycle experience on programmes using Microsoft Technologies and knowledge of the supporting business processes.
- Microsoft certifications are advised.
- Scrum master experience would be beneficial.
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.