A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2017 global revenues of EUR 12.8 billion. People matter, results count.
Who you’ll be working with
The Capgemini Application Development & Integration (AD&I) Delivery Unit specialises in agile custom software development and integration at an enterprise scale, delivering some of the largest, most innovative enterprise Digital projects in the UK and around the world.
Our capabilities cover a wide variety of technologies with a strong focus on Microsoft, Java and Open Source and Cloud Platforms including Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS and IBM Bluemix.
Our vision is to help our customers achieve their objectives by providing innovative digital integration insight, expertise and solutions.
We are seeking experienced Microsoft Developers with strong Microsoft .Net development and Microsoft Azure experience to join a creative and diverse team with a passion for technology.
The focus of your role
The role of the Microsoft Developer in AD&I is primarily focussed on designing, developing and delivering solutions that help our clients achieve their goals. This will include development of Cloud, On-Premise and Hybrid applications using the full Microsoft technology stack. With demonstrable experience in Agile software development, you should have a good knowledge across a range of Microsoft and other technologies, be able to communicate the approach to stakeholders and apply your skills to delivering the right solution.
What you’ll do
• You will work within a team of Microsoft technical specialists: architects, designers, platform engineers and developers, including both UK and India based colleagues
• You will create leading edge solutions for Capgemini clients; working in either a Capgemini office or on client site
• You will be working in a culture that delivers some of the biggest and most exciting IT programmers globally – built on the Microsoft platform
What you’ll bring
• In depth knowledge of current versions of the .NET Framework and the C# programming language
• Good knowledge of delivering solutions on a range of Microsoft Azure cloud platform services including App Services (Web Apps, Mobile Apps, API Apps, Logic Apps), Azure Service Bus, Event Hubs and Azure Active Directory authentication.
• Good knowledge of database development (SQL Server, Entity Framework, T-SQL)
• Good knowledge of building dashboards and reporting solutions (Power BI, Azure Data Factory)
• Good knowledge of middleware and integration technologies like Service Bus and BizTalk Server
• In depth knowledge of Visual Studio and Visual Studio Team Services application lifecycle development tools, including use of source control, automated testing, code analysis, continuous integration and deployment
• Experience of building solutions optimized for the enterprise, adaptable to change for dynamic business markets, and support a DevOps approach
• Experience of and knowledge of other Microsoft products like SharePoint and Dynamics CRM are desirable
• Experience of delivering large scale solutions for global organizations
• Experience of working in Agile teams and contributing to risk/value driven development lifecycle
• Ability to think independently, contribute to the direction of product development with excellent communication skills to express technology choices and ideas to stakeholders and team members
• Demonstrate a passion for technology and its application, collaborating with Capgemini global communities on emerging technologies and standards
• Security Clearance (SC) is desirable
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.