You’ll be joining a passionate, professional and highly skilled team of developers and Azure platform enginners who specialise in agile custom software development and integration at an enterprise scale. Innovation in delivery is always at the forefront of our minds, which is why we utilise solutions from the Microsoft stack and a variety of Open Source to achieve the best possible outcome for the client.
We have a world class software engineering community; we invest in doing things right and have plenty to say on the subject. We’re active on social media and for those that want to find out more, take a look at our blogs – written by engineers, for engineers: http://capgemini.github.io/. We have some public opensource project available in our gitub (https://github.com/capgemini ) and much more are on the pipeline to be released.
You will be working in full stack, close-knit teams developing and delivering some of the most innovative software solutions available for our clients, using Microsoft Azure technologies. You’ll work in a cloud-first environment, with a strong focus on serverless, microservices and containerisation, seeing them through from design and into production. With a demonstrable agile mind-set and approach, you’ll have ample opportunity to illustrate your love of development and passion for technology.
- Work on some of the most bleeding edge Digital / Cloud-based architectures in development today
- Act as a developer and subject matter expert on delivery engagements for clients with responsibility for the specification, development, testing and implementation of complex cloud native applications
- Working as part of a development team help drive best practices e.g. branching strategy, testing methodology, CI/CD and pipelines.
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms, frameworks, automated testing, deployment and release pipelines, capacity planning and launch reviews.
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency, errors, saturation, traffic and overall system health.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and release velocity.
- Help defining processes and standards, following Open Source best practices and keeping abreast of industry trends.
- Excellent knowledge of cloud computing; experience of building scalable, resilient applications using Azure
- Experience of .NET and related technologies (.NET Core, MVC, Entity Framework, etc.)
- Experience of Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD), ideally using Azure DevOps
- Experience of working in collaborative teams and working in an agile manner in a commercial environment
- A passion for technology and a drive to build enterprise systems with some of the UK’s biggest names.
We’re also using the following technologies and patterns, it would be great if you had some of the skills, if not we can help develop them:
- Designing microservice-based architectures using domain driven design (DDD), CQRS and Event Sourcing patterns
- Hold one or more Azure or .NET certifications
- Azure DevOps
- Knowledge or experience of Security standards i.e. OWASP, PCI etc.
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-ground-breaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we develop a deep understanding of a business and get to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.