Whilst you may have any of our UK offices as a base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles may involve periods of time away from home during the week at short notice. Capgemini requires our employees to be geographically mobile and to be able to travel to customer site to perform our jobs.
Who you’ll be working with
The Microsoft team is part of the Insights and Data Global Practice and has seen strong growth and continued success across a variety of projects and sectors. We have skills in a variety of BI and Data Engineering technologies but are especially focused on Microsoft Azure and the Modern Data warehouse architecture and components. We also work with the leading data visualisation tools: Power BI, Tableau and Qliksense/Qlikview.
We continue to grow and need to add to our talented Microsoft team. If you would like to develop your career as part of a team of highly skilled professionals who are passionate about increasing the value of the data and analytics in organisations you have come to the right place.
The focus of your role
We are looking for strong Azure Solution Architects who are passionate about Microsoft technology and who ideally have skills in many of the following areas:
• Have experience of designing architecture for data focused Microsoft Azure projects
• Understand the technical, financial, organisational requirements/constraints and work closely with the product teams to land and expand cloud-enabled solutions.
• Design, write Infrastructure as Code (CI/CD pipelines, ARM templates, Azure policies, Scripts/Runbooks/WebHooks/Tools) to Manage/Operate end-to-end lifecycle operations (monitoring, alerting, security, governance, cost optimization, updates, configuration, backup & disaster recovery, etc) to meets customer SLAs.
• Working on Microsoft Azure PaaS and IaaS, specifically: App Services, Azure SQL Database, SQL Server IaaS implementation, Availability sets, Azure Networking concepts, Express Route, DNS, Load Balancing, Storage.
• Knowledge of automation tooling to facilitate CI/CD approaches to IaC
• Strong skills in areas such as Docker, Kubernetes, IaaS, PaaS, SaaS to name a few
• An understanding of Postgres or other enterprise database platform
• Ability to orchestrate and influence virtual teams; Strong presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences at different levels of organizations.
Our projects are varied, sometimes you may be asked to help define a client’s data visualisation transformation roadmap, other times you may be rolling your sleeves up and creating an innovative BI solution for a complex business problem or even assisting in responding to client bid responses.
What you’ll do
• Design solutions for data focused projects using Microsoft Azure
• Build relationships with client stakeholders to establish a high-level of rapport and confidence
• Work with clients, local teams and offshore resources to deliver modern data products
• Work effectively on client sites, Capgemini offices and from home
• Assisting in Proof of Concepts
• Internally, you will help identify improved ways of working, contribute to the I&D practice and mentor juniors and be part of a knowledge management initiative.
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
While we’re a global consultancy, we’re made up of supportive, close-knit communities. Everyone wants to get the best solutions for our customers and create the best working environment.
We have a world class software engineering community; we invest in doing things right and have plenty to say on the subject. We’re active on social media and for those that want to find out more, take a look at our blogs – written by engineers, for engineers: http://capgemini.github.io/
Potential is just as important to us as having the required skills. If you have the right mindset, we might be able to provide you with bespoke training. So, if you’re not sure you have all the skills you need, but you’re still passionate about the role, please apply and we’ll see if we can support you.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Discover more about what Capgemini can offer you. Visit:
https://twitter.com/Capgemini and https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Capgemini-Reviews-E3803.htm