About the role
As a strategic marketer, you are a business leader and advisor first and foremost; a strong storyteller and savvy digital marketer with good industry expertise as a foundation. Your role is to take a customer-first, industry-centric, content-rich campaign approach with Capgemini’s global activities in the market to elevate our brand and lead Capgemini’s marketing practice in the Aerospace & Defence industries and their segments.
Success in the role requires
- A leader who will build trust as an advisor to the business, challenge the status quo, and prioritize programs based on strategic impact to the business
- A strong analytical mind in architecting measurable, outcome-based marketing programs
- A savvy networker and collaborator with the ability to earn credibility and influence among a complex group of stakeholders around the world
- A resourceful marketing professional who can navigate a network of innovative suppliers and agencies to develop programs with a rich mix of marketing strategies
- An inspiring leadership approach and work ethic that builds and excites team members (in a virtual team environment) and drives growth collectively
- An appetite to know everything about your industry’s and customers’ challenges and opportunities with the ability to translate that knowledge into insightful, thought leadership-driven outreach to prospective and current customers
- A sharp understanding of the competitive landscape in the markets where Capgemini focuses with the ability to identify areas of opportunities for growth
- An ability to direct the creation of compelling content and help tell rich, voice-of-customer stories in varying markets; creating content that can easily be localized and adapted
- A quick-thinker, agile, innovative, creative—both a 30,000-feet visionary and the on-the-ground executor in a fast-paced environment
As a key member of the Global Industry Marketing team, the Global Aerospace & Defense Marketing Leader will work with the global sector business leader and team to develop a marketing strategy, define the target audience and develop a geographically-adaptable execution plan to increase awareness, reputation and consideration for Capgemini’s services and solutions for the Aerospace & Defense industries. Additionally, the marketer is accountable for multi-channel campaign conceptualization that allows for localization and customization in varying markets/countries around the world, sales-marketing integration, and industry marketing engines and must hold high standards in operational marketing excellence.
- Develop marketing strategy and niche programs that bring key line of business solutions to market and establish the Capgemini brand as an essential, respected technology and business partner.
- Position Capgemini in the Aerospace & Defense industries according to a differentiated market message that encompasses the business’ strengths and Capgemini’s position of industry and thought leadership
- Define a marketing strategy that opens net new revenue streams and/or creates velocity on existing pipeline. Create a targeting strategy for top accounts and manage the marketing pipeline that aligns effectively to sales strategies and growth targets.
- Create a view of competitive white space to inform a targeted marketing strategy; leveraging analytic tools and industry data. Launch programs or offers that convert whitespace to interest and close.
- Concept initiatives targeting top accounts to increase awareness for cross- and upsell opportunities and to accelerate purchase.
Marketing Campaign Conceptualization
- Create industry relevant and market/geography-adaptable campaigns that generate conversations with buyers and influencers that support the overall business strategy and meet key marketing objectives (awareness, interest, purchase, and advocacy).
- Conceptualize fully integrated marketing campaigns leveraging a mix of tactics such as direct marketing, industry events, executive conferences, immersive customer experiences, social and press/analyst relations.
- Amplify ongoing customer and peer success through the identification, development and publication of voice-of-customer references and stories from regions/countries. Responsible for influencing overall media strategy and analyst relationships for the sector.
- Identify business opportunities via campaigns with and through partner marketing aligned to key priority campaigns.
- Execute customer-centric campaigns tailored uniquely to a target audience segment, such as a microsegment of the industry or a single account (ABM)
Marketing Insights & Operational Excellence
- Apply strong, integrated marketing and communications management skills such as insights-driven strategies and execution.
- Develop and nurture strong sales-team partnerships with global sector business leader teams.
- Provide regular analysis of the output of marketing campaigns, ROI analysis, FY goals and sales targets.
- Identification of industry trends and associated sales opportunities through gap analysis.
- Solid budget management, forecasting, and compliance.
- Own and facilitate content on Capgemini’s global sector Web pages
This role requires strong collaboration skills and the ability to work with all levels of the organization including senior leadership, third-party industry strategy groups and associations, senior partner executives, press and analysts. You need to be decisive, resourceful, detail- and results-oriented; be innovative in your marketing approach while at the same time disciplined about measuring impact and effectiveness.
Experience & Qualifications
- Possess strong communication skills (written, verbal, analytical)
- Highly collaborative, proactive and innovative in the way of working
- At least 10 years of senior-level marketing experience including campaign and budget management; B2B IT/Consulting or Services marketing preferred
- Good working knowledge in a target industry vertical preferred
- BA/BS degree is required; MBA preferred
- Ability to on minimal/rare occasions (when travel activities have resumed)
What we’ll offer you
We strongly believe that everybody’s career path is different. We will proactively support your professional development and accelerated career progression – including opportunities to grow your capability and deliver. We work in an environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit, and although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-ground-breaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini is proud to represent nearly 130 nationalities and the cultural diversity that brings. Our holistic definition of diversity extends beyond gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, race, age and religion. Capgemini views diversity as everything that makes us who we are as an organization, including our social background, our experiences in life and work, our communication styles and even our personality. These dimensions contribute to the type of diversity we value the most: diversity of thought.
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion. People matter, results count.