Tax Compliance Advisor
An overview of the role
JOB TITLE: MARKET UNIT MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTANT
DEPARTMENT: UK Market Unit Finance
REPORTING TO: MU Financial Controller
WORKING PATTERN: Full-time
LOCATION: Woking/Birmingham (Aston)
Main Purpose of the Role: Managing and reporting the financial performance across a portfolio of Market Unit accounts and working as a key member of the finance team.
Why this role?
- Preparation of accurate monthly management accounts, forecasting, budgeting and balance sheet reconciliations, whilst ensuring adherence to Capgemini's internal accounting policies and GAAP.
- Production and interpretation of a detailed monthly reporting pack, presenting the financial at monthly reviews to senior management
- Close Business Partnering, liaising with Operations, Programme/Project Managers and Project Analysts, displaying the confidence to support and challenge financial assumptions and identifying key risks
- Translation of sales pipeline opportunities into financial forecasts.
- Management of working capital, driving account cash collection through proactive management of WIP and debt balances
- Assisting with budget preparation
- Production of ad-hoc reports and analysis to support and assist in decision making.
- Practical financial accounting experience and recognised accountancy qualification (or at final stage of exams)
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Possess high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactive and positive attitude
- Microsoft Excel
- Experience of project accounting
- Systems experience in ORACLE and Business Objects
- To have worked closely with senior non-Finance resources
- IT industry knowledge
While we’re a global consultancy, we’re made up of supportive, close-knit communities. Everyone wants to get the best solutions for our customers and create the best working environment.
Potential is just as important to us as having the required skills. If you have the right mindset, we might be able to provide you with bespoke training. So, if you’re not sure you have all the skills you need, but you’re still passionate about the role, please apply and we’ll see if we can support you.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Discover more about what Capgemini can offer you. Visit:
https://twitter.com/Capgemini and https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Capgemini-Reviews-E3803.htm