An overview of the role
To assist in managing and reporting the financial performance of a market unit, controlling the financials on an account (or portfolio of accounts), per IFRS15 standards and working as key member of UK BU finance team.
• Management Accounts. Accurate production and detailed understanding of monthly actuals and forecasts for an account (or portfolio of accounts) with special attention applied to revenue and cost by source
• Prepare the monthly MU M-Review deck. Responsible for all financial data and orchestrating production of the full document
• Balance Sheet Review. Proactive control of WIP/BIA, Debt, Accruals, Prepayments. Clear and relevant explanations and actions in place for all items
• Market Unit Operations. Work closely with Market Unit Operations team to ensure proactive, accurate and timely financial decision support
• Complex projects support. Ensure correct TransFORM accounting treatment and highlight the financial consequences of key risks and opportunities
• Financial support to bids. This ranges from review of relevant documentation against Capgemini rules and financial/commercial tests to full financial modelling
• Offshore Finance Team. Work with and support an offshore finance team and where necessary provide training and feedback
• Prepare monthly actuals and rolling 7-month forecasts. Interpretation of variances from a financial, commercial and delivery perspective
• Close business partnering. Working with the project manager to identify risk and opportunity and drive improved financial performance
• Attend monthly project account and engagement reviews challenging financial assumptions and identifying risk, opportunities and escalations
• Close liaison with the commercial team to provide pre and post sales support to resolve commercial issues and queries
• Ensure accurate and timely production of monthly account and MU M-Packs
• Final sign-off in sales system as set out in Capgemini UK Authority Limits
• Ensuring accounts invoice WIP and collect cash in a timely manner
• Attend deal reviews, deputising as necessary for the market unit controller
• Assist in preparation of MU Budget, working closely with MU Team
• Ad hoc analysis
• Market Unit financial controller
• Financial Controllers in other MU’s and Global Business Lines (GBL’s)
• Market Unit Head & wider MU Team
• Engagement Managers / Project Managers
• Onshore and Offshore Finance team
Why this role?
This is an excellent opportunity for a fully qualified accountant to join a driven team and take responsibility for managing and reporting on a specific business unit
•Fully qualified accountant with 2-3 years’ experience PQE
•A real team player – proactive and a positive ‘can do’ attitude
•Resilient, ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
•Experience of project accounting under IFRS 15 standards
•Professional, good communicator
•Strong analytical skills, communication and interpersonal skills both written and verbal
•Strong commercial acumen
•Possess high level of accuracy and attention to detail
•Advanced technical skills including Microsoft Excel
•Systems experience in ORACLE and Business Objects, working with Power BI
•Ability to be flexible and work in either Aston (Birmingham), Woking (base location can be either)
•To have worked closely with the business and operations
•IT industry sector knowledge
While we’re a global consultancy, we’re made up of supportive, close-knit communities. Everyone wants to get the best solutions for our customers and create the best working environment.
Potential is just as important to us as having the required skills. If you have the right mindset, we might be able to provide you with bespoke training. So, if you’re not sure you have all the skills you need, but you’re still passionate about the role, please apply and we’ll see if we can support you.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Discover more about what Capgemini can offer you. Visit:
https://twitter.com/Capgemini and https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Capgemini-Reviews-E3803.htm