Market Risk Management Business Analyst for Securities Client
Capgemini is searching for a Business analyst who has experience in the Market risk management area for our securities client.
Clients Department overview:
The Risk Department at our client is broadly organised according to the main risk classes; Market Risk, Credit Risk, Operational Risk and Stress Testing. The Risk Department provides senior management with an independent view of the principal risks taken by individual business units.
This Business analyst role is within the Risk Change management function for Market risk projects like BCBS-239, FRTB and other regulatory / business mandatory. The candidate will be working with global change management function based on his / her experience and program requirements
- Responsible for business requirements gathering, documentation and sign off and for trackability; mapping to functional solutions and where appropriate, specific regulatory rules
- Responsible for documenting business requirements and other artefacts required for adherence to change management framework.
- Define problem statement in consultation with SMEs and gain agreement with wider stakeholders for a clear path to resolution
- Confidently lead workshops to gather requirements from senior stakeholder; participate positively in key project forums
- Support PMs / SMEs to analyze and document the impact of change (regulatory or otherwise) to business process, operational procedures and operating model.
- Coordination with global development teams to communicate the business requirements, support the development of the function requirements documents and participate in testing
- Support implementation of project deliverables through waterfall/agile based approach
- Identify risks and issues that could cause delays to the project and report/escalate these to PMs in a timely manner for mitigation (presenting potential resolution options, if known).
- Define testing approach, test cases and support test execution
- Analyse data sets and support development of Prototype/Working Model to clearly define the business requirement specification
- Support product implementation activities and post go-live events in conjunction with PMs.
The successful candidate must have:
- Understanding of Market risk framework, measures and processes including but not limited to VaR, Expected Shortfall, Limits, Stress Testing, Sensitivities generation & Time Series management
- Experience of querying and analyzing large data sets to support business analysis.
- Good understanding of regulatory framework and upcoming regulations (e.g. Basel 2.5, FRTB).
- Experience of working with Risk methodology team to understand risk models and document requirements for technology team
- Previous experience on end to end change implementation of Market Risk regulatory projects
- Proven track record of delivering high quality business requirements analysis and documentation within investment banks
Key Skills Required:
- Analytical skills and ability to present the finding to a wide audience
- Good documentation and presentation skills.
- Ability to present complex information and ideas to senior stakeholders in a user friendly manner
- A team player with effective interpersonal and communications skills.
- Self Starter who can leverage existing knowledge base and cross function/region teams to gain a deeper understanding of systems and process
- Good knowledge of financial product across asset classes
- Advanced Excel or SQL to query/analyze data sets. Programming skills using Python is a plus.