Any Capgemini UK Base Location (UK mobility required)
Successful candidates must be willing to undergo SC level Security Clearance.
Our teams brand is focused on our ability to manage complex requirements, whether its evolving DevOps culture or delivering technical solutions with modern infrastructure, tools and technology. A Principal Platform Engineer role is to focus on supporting our clients in delivering highly available, scalable enterprise solutions on IAAS/PAAS platforms, using a blend of your technical expertise and leadership skills.
Based on your skills and experience you will be aligned with one of our many clients to assist them through through their digital transformation journey, a custodian of the technical integrity for one of many new or active projects, you will be a “go to” person for any technical issues and will draw on the huge body of knowledge within Capgemini to address them, alongside the coaching and mentoring the existing team of all grades in their career journey.
You will represent our business units skills and culture both internally and externally with partnerships, communities and expos.
As part of the platform engineering leadership group, you will be fully engaged in our functions business strategy, looking for new business opportunities to grow the team with your allocated client and with our market unit around new opportunities.
- Actively working with our market units and multi-cloud vendor partnerships to win new work on digital IaaS, PaaS, SaaS solution strategies, designs, and delivery programmes.
- Working with our clients in transforming their business by delivering solutions and methodologies following best practice.
- Identifying the best technologies and services upon consideration of the client’s needs, constraints and strategies.
- You will be expected to evangelise standards, patterns and best practices for infrastructure and system components.
- Participating in workshops, recommending solutions, presenting proposed solutions to prospective clients and contributing content to proposals.
- Growing our brand through parallel internal and external workstreams.
We are looking for someone with the following profile:
- A passion for cloud and serverless technologies along with proven technical background across the software development lifecycle which resonates with a high level of DevOps maturity.
- Strong communication skills; with the ability to convey complex technical concepts clearly and concisely
- Substantial business experience in delivering projects through to a successful completion.
- Academic achievements in relation to computer science, formal education and / or certifications.
- Proven leadership skills, and capable of building and managing technical and team strategy for senior stakeholders.
- Proven experience and appropriate training for team management.
While we’re a global consultancy, we’re made up of supportive, close-knit communities. Everyone wants to get the best solutions for our customers and create the best working environment.
We understand that everyone has varied lives and we want you to have a great work-life balance. So, where possible, our Work Life Harmony policy will help you to work flexibly and juggle your work and home life.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Discover more about what Capgemini can offer you. Visit:
https://twitter.com/Capgemini and https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Capgemini-Reviews-E3803.htm