Who you’ll be working with:
At Capgemini Invent we ideate and bring to life what’s next for our clients. By combining strategy, technology, data science and creative design expertise with an inventive mindset, we work with our clients to solve their most complex business and technology challenges. Located in more than 30 offices and 25 creative studios around the world, we have a 7,000+ strong team.
As a globally renowned technology and digital leader, we have the responsibility, the ambition and the means to contribute to solving major societal questions that are shaping our future world. Invent for Society aims to value how social impact is part of the fabric of what we do.
See what it’s like to work at Capgemini Invent, visit our Glassdoor page
An overview of the role:
We are a thought leader in Manufacturing and Supply Chain and these roles will focus on our Aerospace and Defence clients. During one of the most profound periods of disruption and transformation businesses we are able to partner with businesses and help them understand the issues, define solutions and steer them on the journey of transformation. We have a track record in delivery and our clients need results more than ever.
Within the UK, we are amongst the fastest growing and most successful Supply Chain consultancies, a testament to the tangible results that we continue to deliver with our clients. To continue this exciting growth, we are looking to recruit high calibre End to End Manufacturing Operations experts who can really make a difference for our Manufacturing clients in Aerospace and Defence.
Why this role?
First, and foremost, you will be responsible for designing and delivering innovative solutions for leading Aerospace and Defence Manufacturing companies. You will draw on your knowledge to work collaboratively with Capgemini colleagues and our clients to support them in understanding challenges they face and develop and land solutions in their business. We are constantly developing our thinking around the changing face of Manufacturing in a digitally enabled world, and you’ll be a key part of developing this thinking, making it a reality for our customers.
You’ll be a key member of the Manufacturing Sector team which blends deep industry knowledge with practical consulting expertise; inventing what’s next for our clients. Working with fellow talented colleagues, you’ll transform every aspect of a clients’ operations to deliver sustained improvements across profitability, efficiency, quality and behavioural change. You’ll gain new skills which complement and improve your core expertise, enabling you to make a positive, lasting impact for Capgemini and our clients.
Generally, you’ll find yourself working in a multi-disciplinary team, designing and delivering solutions for our clients and supporting them to embed change in their business. No one project or day is the same and activities will vary, from strategic thinking sessions, to detailed project planning and analysis, as well as internal thought leadership and professional development.
You’ll bring extensive manufacturing experience gained through either operational and change leadership roles in industry, or through delivering major consulting assignments for blue-chip aerospace and defence manufacturing clients.
- Demonstrable experience across a representative sample of the following:
- Professional experience of, and deep knowledge in manufacturing operations, processes and efficiency drivers including one or more of the following areas:
- Manufacturing operations and processes deployed
- Decision making, shift management and lean teams
- Engineering and asset management
- Process excellence in operations, quality or test
- Lean 6 sigma improvements
- Use of IOT sources of data and analytics
- Digital twin
- Change management across multiple manufacturing sites
- Solutions addressing sustainability
- You’ll use data and analytics to drive decision making, implement new ways of working and change operational behaviours.
- You’ll have knowledge of how technology can be applied to deliver business value in aerospace and defence Manufacturing, and the technology development lifecycle from design through to implementation with supporting change management.
- You’ll have worked across the entire operation or part of, leading a cross functional team driving change.
- You demonstrate deep understanding of how process improvement impacts the product proposition as well as other areas of the business operations.
- You can give worked examples of how automation can improve operational performance. Implementation experience would also be advantageous.
- You’ll bring a working knowledge of the planning and execution systems used in manufacturing operations. Implementation experience would also be advantageous.
- You’ll be experienced in consultancy methods and approaches, learned through either working for a consulting organisation or via project implementation with an aerospace and defence manufacturing organisation.
- You will be able to demonstrate an active, well informed knowledge of Manufacturing trends in Aerospace and Defence and have an opinion on key trends.
- Security clearance would be a distinct advantage
- You have a passion and understanding for transformation in a digital world, with a thirst for thinking ‘what is next’.
- You are focussed on ensuring new solutions deliver sustainable results within manufacturing operations
- You bring a solid track record of successful and profitable project delivery, capable of working independently as well as in teams in our collaborative but sometimes demanding project environment.
- You have a passion for development, coaching others and improving performance.
- You identify business issues, developing possible solutions and taking those into client proposals; and have some experience in selling work to clients.
- You possess excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate clearly and efficiently across all levels of Capgemini, client and 3rd party organisations.
- You demonstrate professionalism, flexibility and resilience – being able to adjust positively to situations that involve changing tasks and/or location, shifting priorities or ambiguity.
- You’re able to articulate your views on the future of Smart and Digital Manufacturing in general.
We are looking for entrepreneurial individuals with the knowledge and creativity to deliver truly inventive solutions to our clients.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
We’re also focused on using tech to have a positive social impact. So, we’re working to reduce our own carbon footprint and improve everyone’s access to a digital world. It’s something we’re really serious
about. In fact, we were even named as one of the world’s most ethical companies by the Ethisphere Institute for an 8th year. When you join Capgemini, you’ll join a team that does the right thing.
We offer a remuneration package which includes flexible benefits options for you to choose to suit your own personal circumstances and a variable element dependent grade and on company and personal performance.
In order to commence a role with Capgemini UK plc you will be required to provide documentary proof prior to joining the Company that you are entitled to live and work in the UK.
More information is at available at: https://www.capgemini.com/gb-en/service/invent/