At Capgemini Group, we are proud of our purpose “Unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future”. Our success is measured through our value creation, and our overall positive impact.
Capgemini Invent is the digital innovation, transformation and consulting global business line of the Capgemini Group, specialising in advising and supporting enterprises in significant transformation, from innovative strategy to execution and with an unstinting focus on value creation. With the new digital economy creating significant disruptions and opportunities, our global team of over 10,000 talented individuals works with leading companies to design and create advanced real-world digital solutions and future business models, solving their most complex business and technology challenges.
The focus of your role
As a SENIOR DESIGN MANGER, you are expected to help grow our business and people through Project Leadership, Discipline Leadership, and Business Development. You will have primary responsibility for project delivery as a day-to-day engagement leader (sometimes with Director or VP oversight on larger, more complex programs), and guide teams of designers, technologists, program managers and strategists. You will build relationships with clients while advising and supporting our project teams with leadership and hands-on engagement. You will work across every stage of the project lifecycle to ensure that the concepts and design decisions are sensitive to both the needs of users and our clients’ businesses. You will chart a path forward together with your team, even when information is ambiguous and the project challenging. You should be eager to involve clients in the design process, highly responsive to feedback, and excited to present your team’s ideas in front of executives.
On a typical project you will:
- Lead a project team to achieve the highest level of performance without compromising timelines and team harmony
- Set quality standards, with a deep understanding of the client’s goals, business requirements and constraints, for qualitative foundational & evaluative research, insight articulation, experience model development (e.g., customer journeys, behavioural archetypes, service blueprints, etc.), design and testing
- Lead and contribute to develop insights, define, and prioritise opportunity areas, and envision concepts
- Lead and contribute to create meaningful customer/user feedback loops through build test & learn cycles
- Lead and contribute to prioritise MVP features, build a backlog, and create strategic product roadmaps
You are part of the design discipline leadership and will help cultivate the design culture and team. Specifically:
- You will manage direct reports and coach and mentor junior colleagues, providing guidance and support for their growth, and specific and actionable feedback
- You will participate in talent acquisition, either as a hiring manager, or member of hiring teams
- You will collaborate on business development efforts with our BD Team and fellow discipline leaders – crafting approaches, writing proposals, and presenting to prospective clients
- You will ensure that the projects you lead continue beyond their initial scopes and identify additional opportunities within the client’s organisation
- You will create content for fdemand generation activities and establish yourself as a thought leader in your discipline
Let’s talk about your qualifications and experience:
- 8+ years of professional human centred design ‘thinking & doing’ consulting experience with specific experience in one or more areas of the product development lifecycle, for example as a Visual Designer, Interaction Designer, Service Designer, Product Designer, Design Strategist or Experience Designer
- Proficiency with contemporary research, design and prototyping tools and methods
- Affinity our values, and a passion for creating products that meet peoples functional and emotional needs
- An outstanding track record as a design leader and contributor for experience strategies, design systems, products, services, and customer experiences that delight customers/users and achieve business results
- High peer, end-user, or client satisfaction with the work products that you created
- Strong leadership and collaboration skills, with the ability to guide high performing teams using persuasion and influence (rather than command and control)
- Strong presentation and storytelling skills
- Willingness to travel for research, project delivery, and client meetings
- A university degree in a relevant design, business, technology, or social science discipline
- Experience working in a variety of organisations (start-up, corporate, agency/consultancy)
- Academic, professional, or life experience from outside the design field that enriches your perspective as a designer
- Published thought leadership, with a track record of presenting and teaching in public forums and a social media presence.
- A second language (and every additional language is a plus!)
Let’s talk about what’s in it for you!
Passionate people are Capgemini’s Ace of Spades – join us to discover a career that will challenge, support and inspire you. Working at Capgemini you’ll find the rewards are more than just financial. You will work alongside some very smart and inspiring people on exciting projects and you will also enjoy incredible benefits. We offer flexible work practices and 40 hours of self-development every year with a huge selection of learning opportunities to choose from.
As “Architects of Positive Futures”, Capgemini actively supports the community in 3 ways:
Diversity and Inclusion - we believe diversity of thought fuels excellence and innovation, which is why we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified candidates regardless of their gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, ability, intersex status or age. To support our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we celebrate or recognise special events and days of significance that are important to our employees such as Diwali, Bastille Day, Pride, IDAHOBIT, IWD and International day of people with Disabilities. Our Employee Resource Groups Women@Capgemini, OutFront, Indigeneous, Parents and Careers and Sustainability Community of Practice support the grassroots passion of employees to drive our diversity agenda and effect change.
Digital inclusion - at Capgemini we are using our skills to drive social impact initiatives focusing on helping society address the impact of the digital and automation revolution. We also provide employees with opportunities to give back to the community through charity projects and volunteer days.
Environmental Sustainability - Capgemini joined the CDP’s (Carbon Disclosure Project) prestigious “A list” for its commitment to the Net-Zero economy. As well as focusing on helping our clients transform towards more sustainable business models, Capgemini recently announced its commitment to becoming a netzero busines by 2030.
Recognised by Ethisphere as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies for the last 9 years in a row, ethics and values are at the heart of Capgemini’s corporate culture and business. Embedded in our DNA, our seven values – Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty – have remained the same since company inception in 1967. To see how we bring these values to life, visit www.capgemini.com/au-en/careers/ and listen to some of our employee’s stories.
Come join us, bring your whole self to work, create new possibilities for you, your customers and your community and help us to be Architects of Positive Futures.
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.