At Capgemini Invent, we bring to life what’s next for our clients.
By combining strategy, technology, data science, and creative design expertise with an inventive mindset, we partner with our clients to innovate and transform their business, helping them navigate today, while plotting a course for the future.
About Capgemini Invent
As the digital innovation, design and transformation brand of the Capgemini Group, Capgemini Invent enables CxOs to envision and shape the future of their businesses. Located in more than 36 offices and 37 creative studios around the world, it comprises a 10,000+ strong team of strategists, data scientists, product and experience designers, brand experts and technologists who develop new digital services, products, experiences and business models for sustainable growth.
Capgemini Invent is an integral part of Capgemini, a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 270,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fuelled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion.
Get The Future You Want
The focus of your role
You’ll know all too well just how confusing some websites can be – how many times has Alexa, Google or Siri misunderstood you? As a User Researcher, you’ll use different techniques to find out users’ needs, motivations and pain points and inform the design of a system or service.
It’s something that calls for a wide range of skills, as you’ll interview users, create detailed plans, understand and extrapolate data, facilitate workshops, present research findings and more.
No matter the project or customer, your work will have a meaningful impact on society, businesses and lives. It’s really rewarding. And it’s also really varied. You’ll potentially work on a huge variety of projects (some larger than others), so you could gain lots of experience in a short amount of time
Collaboration and Innovation:
We really believe in creating a partnership with our customers. Using our Accelerated Solutions Environment (ASE), you’ll get to know the customer’s needs and challenges, demo innovative solutions and quickly solve problems. It’ll help you discover unexpected answers together.
What you’ll do:
- Identify users and use the best research method to discover their needs.
- Lead research, conceptual design, prototyping, detailed design, user testing.
- Create quick sketches, paper prototypes and translate them to fully functional prototypes that are used in the private beta phase, and preparing for GDS assessment for public beta and live
- Create a user journey map derived from qualitative research with users
- Build and enhance our agile delivery team’s effectiveness.
- Everything you do will be valued by our designers and developers, and help to create the best end-to-end experience for users, regardless of their device or their skill level.
What you’ll bring
- Have professional and academic, expert-level understanding of the strengths and limitations of user research and other user-centred design methods, tools and practices.
- A track record of working on Agile Delivery
- Experience in hosting workshops.
- User Research, ideally with experience with GDS.
- Production of user maps and process maps.
- Creation of clear reports detailing findings.
- Solid communication skills, with the astuteness to really listen and confidence to reach your target audience.
- Impressive problem-solving capabilities.
- We are looking for candidates with UK residency for the last five years with no more than six months out of the country (in order to meet security clearance requirements).
What We Offer
Capgemini Invent offers a cultural environment for consultants to learn, to take ownership and contribute to business growth
- Our consultants are formally trained from industry experts on management consulting and client delivery.
- Client engagements give you the opportunity to work with our leadership and experienced consulting management, where you can learn from them, challenge them and accelerate your hands-on experience, delivery capability and industry insights.
- You’ll learn how we write compelling client propositions, structure and lead high-profile transformation, and gain hands-on exposure to leading technologies, often taking an idea from a concept to a vision, to strategy and then execution
- We hold monthly showcases of our digital transformation initiatives, sharing knowledge and showing off how the power of technology is impacting our clients.
- There are monthly team drinks, and it’s a chance to connect face-to-face with the wider team over a few drinks in the city. The monthly team breakfasts give you a different, more relaxed setting to meet up in the office on Fridays to hear from the leadership, meet colleagues and discuss the trends and insights within the market. Team away days are always a chance to connect with the team, have fun and learn something new – sometimes even pizza-making or shuffle boarding
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Learning and development:
There’s an endless amount to learn at Capgemini, and an endless number of ways to do so. So, you’ll also have unique training opportunities to take advantage of. Some of our consultants even have the chance to go to Les Fontaine (near Paris, France), where we host a conference. Outside of dedicated training, everyone makes time to help and support one another – collaboration is encouraged across all of our teams.
We understand that everyone has varied lives and we want you to have a great work-life balance. So, where possible, our Work Life Harmony policy will help you to work flexibly and juggle your work and home life.
We’re also focused on using tech to have a positive social impact. So, we’re working to reduce our own carbon footprint and improve everyone’s access to a digital world. It’s something we’re really serious about. In fact, we were even named as one of the world’s most ethical companies by the Ethisphere Institute for an 8th year. When you join Capgemini, you’ll join a team that does the right thing.
We offer a remuneration package which includes flexible benefits options for you to choose to suit your own personal circumstances and a variable element dependent grade and on company and personal performance.
In order to commence a role with Capgemini UK plc you will be required to provide documentary proof prior to joining the Company that you are entitled to live and work in the UK.
More information is at available at: https://www.capgemini.com/gb-en/service/invent/