At Capgemini Invent, we bring to life what’s next for our clients.
By combining strategy, technology, data science, and creative design expertise with an inventive mindset, we partner with our clients to innovate and transform their business, helping them navigate today, while plotting a course for the future.
About Capgemini Invent
As the digital innovation, design and transformation brand of the Capgemini Group, Capgemini Invent enables CxOs to envision and shape the future of their businesses. Located in more than 36 offices and 37 creative studios around the world, it comprises a 10,000+ strong team of strategists, data scientists, product and experience designers, brand experts and technologists who develop new digital services, products, experiences and business models for sustainable growth.
Capgemini Invent is an integral part of Capgemini, a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 270,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fuelled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion.
Get The Future You Want
What you’ll bring to the Digital Services and Platforms team
Many of our clients are unable to innovate by exploiting new technologies whilst integrating them with current systems, processes and ways of working.
Our Digital Services & Platform team helps our clients explore, understand and exploit new digital technologies and platforms to transform their businesses through a combination of advice, expertise and solutions.
To deliver outcomes and value rapidly, we organise our team as a ‘squad’ with cross-functional capabilities, with enough skill and experience to build and deliver digital products and services with our clients. Working in this squad, you will bring a range of skills, and be willing to learn new, cross-functional skills which help the squad and the programme.
No matter the project or customer, your work will have a meaningful impact on society, businesses and lives. It’s really rewarding. And it’s also really varied. You’ll potentially work on a huge variety of projects (some larger than others), so you could gain lots of experience in a short amount of time
Collaboration and Innovation:
We really believe in creating a partnership with our customers. Using our Accelerated Solutions Environment (ASE), you’ll get to know the customer’s needs and challenges, demo innovative solutions and quickly solve problems. It’ll help you discover unexpected answers together.
As a Scrum Master, you’ll:
- Guide the teams and organisations on how to use Agile/Scrum practices
- Assess the Scrum Maturity of the teams and organisations and coach the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the teams and organisations
- Note blockages and divergence and support and guide the team and PO to solve these impediments
- Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving
- Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency and information flow
- Support and educate the Product Owner, especially on grooming and maintaining the product backlog
- Provide all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible and leading by example
- Facilitate reviews, retrospectives, scrum meetings and planning meetings
- Foster a culture of collaboration with other scrum masters, and building a network with other agile champions across the organisation
What you’ll bring
- Experience in delivery of multi-disciplinary projects
- Proven experience in playing the Scrum Master role in a team that has been applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory
- Experience on Agile project management tools such as TFS or the Atlassian suite of products such as Jira, Confluence
- Understanding and experience of widely accepted successful Agile techniques
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Knowledge of various well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (I.e.: various Burndown technologies, various Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to connect and engage across multiple teams, business units and organisations at manifold levels
- Mentoring skills
- Knowledge of business requirements prioritisation techniques i.e. MoSCoW prioritisation
- Ability to lead a team of resources across multiple sites, whilst building solid business relationships
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills; must be capable of focusing and maintaining project direction and be able to lead and motivate a team of specialist technical and/or business resources, as well as management of stakeholders
- Experience of managing projects with business and technology deliverables and / or changes involving external third-party providers
What We Offer
Capgemini Invent offers a cultural environment for consultants to learn, to take ownership and contribute to business growth
- Our consultants are formally trained from industry experts on management consulting and client delivery. Examples of these include Agile delivery (Scrum Master, Product Owner, Scaled Agile Framework) and technologies (AWS, Azure) and Cyber security (CISSP, CISM)
- Client engagements give you the opportunity to work with our leadership and experienced consulting management, where you can learn from them, challenge them and accelerate your hands-on experience, delivery capability and industry insights.
- You’ll learn how we write compelling client propositions, structure and lead high-profile transformation, and gain hands-on exposure to leading technologies, often taking an idea from a concept to a vision, to strategy and then execution
- Les Fontaines: Capgemini Invent has a unique training environment just outside of Paris, where we can immerse ourselves in thought-leadership, share knowledge and build capabilities which will help us and our clients to succeed.
- We hold monthly showcases of our digital transformation initiatives, sharing knowledge and showing off how the power of technology is impacting our clients.
- There are monthly team drinks, and it’s a chance to connect face-to-face with the wider team over a few drinks in the city. The monthly team breakfasts give you a different, more relaxed setting to meet up in the office on Fridays to hear from the leadership, meet colleagues and discuss the trends and insights within the market. Team away days are always a chance to connect with the team, have fun and learn something new – sometimes even pizza-making or shuffle boarding
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Learning and development:
There’s an endless amount to learn at Capgemini, and an endless number of ways to do so. So, you’ll also have unique training opportunities to take advantage of. Some of our consultants even have the chance to go to Les Fontaine (near Paris, France), where we host a conference. Outside of dedicated training, everyone makes time to help and support one another – collaboration is encouraged across all of our teams.
We understand that everyone has varied lives and we want you to have a great work-life balance. So, where possible, our Work Life Harmony policy will help you to work flexibly and juggle your work and home life.
We’re also focused on using tech to have a positive social impact. So, we’re working to reduce our own carbon footprint and improve everyone’s access to a digital world. It’s something we’re really serious
about. In fact, we were even named as one of the world’s most ethical companies by the Ethisphere Institute for an 8th year. When you join Capgemini, you’ll join a team that does the right thing.
We offer a remuneration package which includes flexible benefits options for you to choose to suit your own personal circumstances and a variable element dependent grade and on company and personal performance.
In order to commence a role with Capgemini UK plc you will be required to provide documentary proof prior to joining the Company that you are entitled to live and work in the UK.
More information is at available at: https://www.capgemini.com/gb-en/service/invent/