Who you’ll be working with:
At Capgemini Invent, we bring to life what’s next for our clients.
By combining strategy, technology, data science, and creative design expertise with an inventive mindset, we partner with our clients to innovate and transform their business, helping them navigate today, while plotting a course for the future.
About Capgemini Invent
As the digital innovation, design and transformation brand of the Capgemini Group, Capgemini Invent enables CxOs to envision and shape the future of their businesses. Located in more than 36 offices and 37 creative studios around the world, it comprises a 10,000+ strong team of strategists, data scientists, product and experience designers, brand experts and technologists who develop new digital services, products, experiences and business models for sustainable growth.
Capgemini Invent is an integral part of Capgemini, a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 270,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fueled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion.
No matter the project or customer, your work will have a meaningful impact on society, businesses and lives. It’s really rewarding. And it’s also really varied. You’ll potentially work on a huge variety of projects (some larger than others), so you could gain lots of experience in a short amount of time. We help some of the largest and most complex organisations as well as start-ups wanting to scale at pace.
Collaboration and Innovation:
We really believe in creating a partnership with our customers. Using our Accelerated Solutions Environment (ASE), you’ll get to know the customer’s needs and challenges, demo innovative solutions and quickly solve problems. It’ll help you discover unexpected answers together.
What you’ll bring to the Digital Services and Platforms team
Many of our clients are unable to innovate by exploiting new technologies whilst integrating them with current systems, processes and ways of working. Our Digital Services & Platform team helps our clients explore, understand and exploit new digital technologies and platforms to transform their businesses through a combination of advice, expertise and solutions. To deliver outcomes and value rapidly, we organise our team as a ‘squad’ with cross-functional capabilities, with enough skill and experience to build and deliver digital products and services with our clients. Working in this squad, you will bring a range of skills and be willing to learn new, cross-functional skills which help the squad and the programme.
As the Product Owner, you’ll:
• Be trusted to own the vision and influence the team to ensure that the client receives high-impact and value from each iteration.
• Understand business needs, IT constraints and priorities and be able to make decisions – the backlog is owned by you, and you play a crucial role with your BA to ensure it is correct.
• As the agile squad is often cross-functional, your client-facing presence is essential – with the ability to communicate clearly at sprint reviews. But you will also have the skills required to step-in and support the BA or Service Designers.
What you’ll bring:
• Experience in a user-centred product or service development project
• Your knowledge and understanding of agile delivery
• A passion for working with cross-functional business and IT teams to deliver business outcomes
• The ability to make decisions on business priority, working with business analysts to ensure your requirements are known, defined and able to be built and delivered
• Willingness to help the scrum team, often playing a role as a business analyst, scrum master or service designer if the circumstances dictate it – we believe strongly in a balanced squad model, where our agile delivery team members are multi-skilled
• Influence and leadership to steer our digital delivery projects, working with our leaders in Capgemini and our clients
• Ideally we would like to see your commitment to professional development, with relevant agile certifications such as PSPO and / or PSM
You’ll be free to make your role and your career what you want it to be. Proactivity and ambition flourish at Capgemini Invent. There are countless opportunities available to propel your development forward: seek out those that suit you, and we will back you all the way. In summary, we believe the following make this a great place to work:
· Show how single minds make for better teams: Work alongside fierce intellects who love to collaborate.
· Be comfortable outside your comfort zone: Self-stretchers thrive in our environment.
· Build momentum in your career: Make your role and your career what you want it to be.
· Stay true to who you are: Play to your strengths and bring your individuality.
· Aim for nothing less than leading edge: We thrive on the knowledge that the Digital work we do has real impact.
· Give your curiosity freedom and focus: A place where inquisitiveness and entrepreneurial thinking are encouraged.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Learning and development:
There’s an endless amount to learn at Capgemini, and an endless number of ways to do so. Specifically for Agile, we will provide you the opportunity to progress your understanding across scaled Agile frameworks along with the relevant certifications. So, you’ll also have unique training opportunities to take advantage of. Some of our consultants even have the chance to go to Les Fontaine (near Paris, France), where we host a conference. Outside of dedicated training, everyone makes time to help and support one another – collaboration is encouraged across all of our teams.
We understand that everyone has varied lives and we want you to have a great work-life balance. So, where possible, our Work Life Harmony policy will help you to work flexibly and juggle your work and home life.
We’re also focused on using tech to have a positive social impact. So, we’re working to reduce our own carbon footprint and improve everyone’s access to a digital world. It’s something we’re really serious about. In fact, we were even named as one of the world’s most ethical companies by the Ethisphere Institute for an 8th year. When you join Capgemini, you’ll join a team that does the right thing.
Whilst you will have London, Manchester or Glasgow as an office base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles may involve periods of time away from home at short notice.
We offer a remuneration package which includes flexible benefits options for you to choose to suit your own personal circumstances and a variable element dependent grade and on company and personal performance.
In order to commence a role with Capgemini UK plc you will be required to provide documentary proof prior to joining the Company that you are entitled to live and work in the UK.
More information is at available at: https://www.capgemini.com/gb-en/service/invent/