Who you’ll be working with
Capgemini Consulting is the global strategy and transformation consulting organisation of the Capgemini Group, specialising in advising and supporting enterprises in significant transformation, from innovative strategy to execution and with an unstinting focus on results. With the new digital economy creating significant disruptions and opportunities, our global team of over 3,600 talented individuals work with leading companies and governments to master Digital Transformation, drawing on our understanding of the digital economy and our leadership in business transformation and organisational change.
The focus of your role
To meet the demands of both the regulators and increasingly savvy consumers, companies in the water industry across the UK are investing millions in Opex and Capex improvements and digital transformation. Given the scale of investment there is a very strong focus from regulators, investors and the companies alike to ensure these programmes are delivered effectively and drive out efficiency at all levels.
As a result we are seeing a significant increase in demand for our successful Operational Excellence Consultants who are already working with major utilities organisations. We have built a successful track record of improving organisation performance through deployment of leading edge operational and digital practices whilst delivering major cost efficiencies in the process. Our consultants bring to bear vast utilities experience, a strong business improvement skillset, an understanding of technology and a highly collaborative approach. We need more talented people like them to join our team.
What you’ll do
The primary role involves the delivery of leading edge operational excellence and sustained performance improvement in front line operational, customer and capital environments working collaboratively with staff of all levels from across industry. You will provide the Utilities or Asset Intensive industry expertise to support the development of innovative and pragmatic operational excellence solutions in the Water sector. You will form part of an experienced and flexible project delivery team, helping clients to realise benefits and transform behaviours which will lead to improved efficiency, improved customer experience and improved business outcomes.
What you’ll bring
You’ll bring experience in Utilities or other Programme Delivery and Asset Intensive regulated industries such as Rail and Aviation. You may already be a consultant or you may be working within a Water company or similar Utility company, energy generation organisation, or an engineering/technology vendor to Utilities. You will have experience of Water, Asset Management, Network Operations or Digital Delivery. In addition, you’ll have the following specific experience and personal attributes:
We seek individuals who can demonstrate experience in many of the following:
- Identification of initiatives to drive improvement in customer, asset, capital delivery or water / waste water operations.
- Delivery of Performance / Process Improvement initiatives across the end to end water value chain.
- Managing and/or delivering projects in Water, Utility or Asset Intensive industries, either working for an institution or for a consulting firm.
- Assisting with the design and development of programme management initiatives covering business and technology implementation propositions.
- Experience in managing and delivering in small to medium sized teams working with multiple and varied stakeholders at different seniority levels to deliver tangible positive outcomes.
- An awareness of standard Operational Excellence techniques and approaches would be advantageous.
- You will be highly motivated, a self-starter, bringing a proactive, can-do attitude to project delivery, capable of working independently as well as in teams in a sometimes demanding project environment.
- You will have the knowledge and gravitas to credibly engage effectively with a range of utilities project staff up to a senior level on utilities project specific subjects.
- You will enjoy working in a collaborative team environment, providing direction and helping others to develop. You may have personal team lead / management experience, but this is not essential.
- You will be able to anticipate and adjust positively to situations with clients that involve changing tasks and/or location, shifting priorities or ambiguity.
- You will have excellent interpersonal skills, including an ability to listen to understand the client situation and the ability to communicate clearly and efficiently on potentially complex issues.
- Ability to work within an integrated team environment in a fast paced, pressurised client environment.
- You’ll have a track record of successful delivery within large scale projects or programmes working alongside other parties.
WHY JOIN US? What makes Capgemini Consulting unique?
You’ll be free to make your role and your career what you want it to be. Proactivity and ambition flourish at Capgemini Consulting. There are countless opportunities available to propel your development forward: seek out those that suit you, and we will back you all the way. In summary, we believe the following make this a great place to work:
- Show how single minds make for better teams: Work alongside fierce intellects who love to collaborate.
- Be comfortable outside your comfort zone: Self-stretchers thrive in our environment.
- Build momentum in your career: Make your role and your career what you want it to be.
- Stay true to who you are: Play to your strengths and bring your individuality.
- Aim for nothing less than leading edge: We thrive on the knowledge that the Digital work we do has real impact.
- Give your curiosity freedom and focus: A place where inquisitiveness and entrepreneurial thinking are encouraged.
Whilst you will have London as an office base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles may involve periods of time away from home at short notice.
We offer a remuneration package which includes fixed salary, and in addition for Senior Consultant and above, you will receive variable compensation dependent on company and personal performance. We also offer flexible benefits options for you to choose to suit your own personal circumstances.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
In order to commence a role with Capgemini UK plc you will be required to provide documentary proof prior to joining the Company that you are entitled to live and work in the UK.
More information is at available at: www.uk.capgemini-consulting.com/