Who you’ll be working with
At Capgemini Invent we ideate and bring to life what’s next for our clients. By combining strategy, technology, data science and creative design expertise with an inventive mindset, we work with our clients to solve their most complex business and technology challenges. Located in more than 30 offices and 10 creative studios around the world, we have a 6,000+ strong team.
As a globally renowned technology and digital leader, we have the responsibility, the ambition and the means to contribute to solving major societal questions that are shaping our future world. Invent for Society aims to value how social impact is part of the fabric of what we do.
See what it’s like to work at Capgemini Invent, visit our Glassdoor page
An overview of the role:
Your role will be centred on our Manufacturing, Automotive and Life Sciences (MALS) clients and will be helping their leadership and key experts shape and drive their Intelligent Industry transformation journey. Intelligent Industry is the evolution of Industry 4.0 that connects customers, R&D, engineering, manufacturing, service, and the wider supply chain together. Whilst being powered by data, Intelligent Industry is fundamentally people centric and value driven in its approach. The MALS sector has faced enormous challenges over the past year, with Brexit and COVID-19 to name but two and achieving resilience, leanness and ultimately profitable sustained growth is great testament to the UK industrial base. We are looking for persons who can be the critical friend and trusted partner to help our clients understand the issues, define solutions, unlock value, and steer them on the journey of transformation.
Within the UK, we are amongst the fastest growing and most successful consultancies, a testament to the tangible results that we continue to deliver with our clients. To continue this exciting growth, we are looking to recruit high calibre Digital Engineering experts who can really make a difference for our clients on their Intelligent Industry journey.
First, and foremost, you will be responsible for designing and delivering innovative Digital Engineering solutions for some of the UK’s best-known manufacturers. You will draw on your knowledge to work collaboratively with Capgemini colleagues and our clients, to support them in understanding the challenges they face, develop value-based solutions and land them in their business. We are constantly developing our thinking around the changing face of the manufacturing industry in an Intelligent Industry enabled world, and you’ll be a key part of developing this thinking, making it a reality for our clients.
The Digital Engineering team focuses on the innovation, design and industrialised readiness of evolutionary and revolutionary products and services. You’ll be a key member of the team that blends deep industry knowledge with practical consulting expertise; inventing what’s next for our clients. Working with fellow talented colleagues from all parts of Capgemini, you’ll transform every aspect of a clients’ operations to deliver sustained improvements across profitability, efficiency, quality, and behavioural change. You’ll gain new skills which complement and improve your core expertise, enabling you to make a positive, lasting impact for Capgemini and our clients.
Generally, you’ll find yourself working in a multi-disciplinary team, designing, and delivering solutions for an array of clients and supporting them to embed change in their business. No one project or day is the same and activities will vary, from strategic thinking sessions, to detailed project planning and analysis, as well as internal thought leadership and professional development.
Collaboration and Innovation:
We really believe in creating a partnership with our customers. Using our Accelerated Solutions Environment (ASE), you’ll get to know the customer’s needs and challenges, demo innovative solutions and quickly solve problems. It’ll help you discover unexpected answers together.
What You’ll Bring:
You’ll bring extensive product innovation, engineering, manufacturing transformation, and/or product lifecycle management or equivalent experience. This experience could have been gained through either operational, technical or leadership roles in industry, or through delivering major consulting assignments for blue-chip consulting organisations.
Demonstrable experience across a representative sample of the following:
- Professional experience of, and deep knowledge in engineering and ideally manufacturing operations, processes and efficiency drivers including one or more of the following areas:
- Capability and process-based models for the Intelligent Industry / Digital Engineering space and how these can be used to drive value-based discussions and client decisions,
- Innovation & product lifecycle management processes and value drivers including connected and mechatronic product design principles,
- Through life design techniques and methodologies for engineering, manufacturing, and service operations,
- Agility and Lean based delivery methods that can improve productivity, ways of working and throughput,
- Working knowledge of platform tools such as Dassault Systèmes 3DX, Siemens Teamcenter, SAP PLM or other,
- You demonstrate deep understanding of how Digital Engineering impacts the customer / end-user value proposition and how it can transform the product development landscape as well as other areas of the business such as supply chain and operations.
- You’ll bring a working knowledge of the engineering, manufacturing, and/or service operations systems and ideally how they integrate from a capability, process, and data perspective. Implementation experience would also be advantageous.
- You’ll have ideally worked across the entire operation or part of, leading a cross functional team driving change.
- You’ll use data and analytics to drive decision making, implement new ways of working and change operational behaviours.
- You’ll be experienced in consultancy methods and approaches, learned through either working for a consulting organisation or via project implementation within industry.
- You can give worked examples of how automation can improve operational performance. Implementation experience would also be advantageous.
- Finally, experience of different industrial sectors, ranging from aerospace & defence equipment and platform manufacturing, to automotive OEM and life sciences business models, potentially with an international dimension.
- You have a passion and understanding for Intelligent Industry and how Digital Engineering transformation manifests in the ever-changing digital world, with a thirst for thinking ‘what is next’.
- You’re able to articulate your views on the future of Intelligent Industry and Digital Engineering, and the MALS sector in general.
- You bring a solid track record of successful and profitable project delivery, capable of working independently as well as in teams in our collaborative but sometimes demanding project environment.
- You have a passion for development, coaching others and improving performance.
- You identify business issues, developing possible solutions and taking those into client proposals; and have some experience in selling work to clients.
- You possess excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate clearly and efficiently across all levels of Capgemini, client, and 3rd party organisations.
- You demonstrate professionalism, flexibility, and resilience – being able to adjust positively to situations that involve changing tasks and/or location, shifting priorities or ambiguity.
We are looking for entrepreneurial individuals with the knowledge and creativity to deliver truly inventive solutions to our clients.
You’ll be free to make your role and your career what you want it to be. Proactivity and ambition flourish at Capgemini Invent. There are countless opportunities available to propel your development forward: seek out those that suit you, and we will back you all the way. In summary, we believe the following make this a great place to work:
- Show how single minds make for better teams: Work alongside fierce intellects who love to collaborate
- Be comfortable outside your comfort zone: Self-stretchers thrive in our environment.
- Build momentum in your career: Make your role and your career what you want it to be.
- Stay true to who you are: Play to your strengths and bring your individuality.
- Aim for nothing less than leading edge: We thrive on the knowledge that the Digital work we do has real impact.
- Give your curiosity freedom and focus: A place where inquisitiveness and entrepreneurial thinking are encouraged
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Whilst you will have London, Manchester or Glasgow as an office base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles may involve periods of time away from home at short notice.
We offer a remuneration package which includes flexible benefits options for you to choose to suit your own personal circumstances and a variable element dependent grade and on company and personal performance.
In order to commence a role with Capgemini UK plc you will be required to provide documentary proof prior to joining the Company that you are entitled to live and work in the UK.
More information is at available at: https://www.capgemini.com/gb-en/service/invent/