Who you’ll be working with:
At Capgemini Invent, we ideate and bring to life what’s next for our clients. By combining strategy, technology, data science and creative design expertise with an inventive mindset, we work with our clients to solve their most complex business and technology challenges. Located in more than 30 offices and 10 creative studios around the world, we have a 6,000+ strong team.
As a globally renowned technology and digital leader, we have the responsibility, the ambition and the means to contribute to solving major societal questions that are shaping our future world. Invent for Society aims to value how social impact is part of the fabric of what we do.
The Future of Technology practice is one of the leading CIO advisory and technology innovation teams in the UK and Europe. Our high calibre management consultants deliver profitable outcomes in business and IT-oriented environments, working in a collaborative way with major FTSE 100 and Government clients to achieve their strategic goals effectively.
See what it’s like to work at Capgemini Invent, visit our Glassdoor page
An overview of the role:
This is an opportunity to join an exciting and fast-growing CIO advisory practice that is the spearhead of a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology, and engineering services. We take our clients on a journey from strategy to solutions that enables them to:
- Embrace and drive significant value from new technologies
- Achieve better cost discipline across their technology and digital investments
- Create lean, agile, and market-leading operating models
- Deliver digital solutions reliably at scale, cheaper and faster
- Create better digital experience for customers and employees
- Transform their legacy architecture and embrace new technology innovations
- Maintain security and resilience of their systems
We are looking for talented candidates to join our Innovation Consulting team, to help us support our clients in delivering innovation projects, understanding where to innovate and setting up innovation systems.
No matter the project or customer, your work will have a meaningful impact on society, businesses and lives. It’s really rewarding. And it’s also really varied. You’ll potentially work on a huge variety of projects (some larger than others), so you could gain lots of experience in a short amount of time.
You’ll bring a passion for transforming businesses through technology and innovation, thinking about tomorrow’s new products, services or business models. You’ll be a multi-disciplined individual able to work with senior client stakeholders to understand their vision for innovation and be able to bring that vision to life by taking innovation to market. You’ll be really interested in using design thinking to come up with ideas for new innovative products and services, leveraging user insights, cross-industry analysis and ideation techniques to inspire our clients on what is next. Ideally you’ll be equally comfortable planning ideation workshops and bringing clients on the innovation journey as you are with being hands-on delivering new innovative products to market.
Ideally, you will have experience within one or more of Financial Services, Government, Utilities, Consumer Products, Retail, Manufacturing, Life Sciences, Telecommunication or Media.
You will bring some or all of the below:
- Experience running design thinking projects – understanding how to leverage user and quantitative insights to design a clients’ future products & services
- Hands-on experience of running user research sessions and generating insights to inform future products, services or business models
- Passion for delivering top quality ideation sessions both face to face and remotely including a host of tools and techniques to ideate and then be able to down-select ideas
- Experience with assumption testing of new ideas – understanding which experiments to run to validate that an idea is worth the investment and time to develop
- An understanding of innovation systems within organisations as a whole, including the component parts that need to work together to ensure that innovation is a success from idea gathering to idea launch
- Knowledge of creating business cases to prove the commercial viability of a new, innovative idea to potential investors
- Comfortable working with digital delivery teams e.g. UX Designers, Developers, Product Owners etc. to take an idea to market
- An interest in helping clients to identify where their innovation initiatives can be improved
What you’ll do:
- As a Consultant: deliver innovation projects, lead small streams of work and produce high quality deliverables. Provide key input to shape the strategic direction of innovation projects and be comfortable owning your own work and client relationships.
- As a Senior Consultant: design and lead innovation projects / multiple streams of an innovation project. Take ownership of the client relationship and identify future opportunities for growth.
- As a Managing Consultant: you’ll be responsible for consulting sales in excess of £500,000 per annum and have a strong desire to be part of, and contribute to, the growth and success of a top-tier consulting practice, contributing to our offers, knowledge and overall strategic goals.
You’ll be free to make your role and your career what you want it to be. Proactivity and ambition flourish at Capgemini Invent. There are countless opportunities available to propel your development forward: seek out those that suit you, and we will back you all the way. In summary, we believe the following make this a great place to work:
- Show how single minds make for better teams: Work alongside fierce intellects who love to collaborate.
- Be comfortable outside your comfort zone: Self-stretchers thrive in our environment.
- Build momentum in your career: Make your role and your career what you want it to be.
- Stay true to who you are: Play to your strengths and bring your individuality.
- Aim for nothing less than leading edge: We thrive on the knowledge that the Digital work we do has real impact.
- Give your curiosity freedom and focus: A place where inquisitiveness and entrepreneurial thinking are encouraged.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Learning and development:
There’s an endless amount to learn at Capgemini, and an endless number of ways to do so. So, you’ll also have unique training opportunities to take advantage of. Some of our consultants even have the chance to go to Les Fontaine (near Paris, France), where we host a conference. Outside of dedicated training, everyone makes time to help and support one another – collaboration is encouraged across all of our teams.
We understand that everyone has varied lives and we want you to have a great work-life balance. So, where possible, our Work Life Harmony policy will help you to work flexibly and juggle your work and home life.
We’re also focused on using tech to have a positive social impact. So, we’re working to reduce our own carbon footprint and improve everyone’s access to a digital world. It’s something we’re really serious
about. In fact, we were even named as one of the world’s most ethical companies by the Ethisphere Institute for an 8th year. When you join Capgemini, you’ll join a team that does the right thing.
Whilst you will have London, Manchester or Glasgow as an office base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles may involve periods of time away from home at short notice.
We offer a remuneration package which includes flexible benefits options for you to choose to suit your own personal circumstances and a variable element dependent grade and on company and personal performance.
In order to commence a role with Capgemini UK plc you will be required to provide documentary proof prior to joining the Company that you are entitled to live and work in the UK.
More information is at available at: https://www.capgemini.com/gb-en/service/invent/