Who you’ll be working with:
At Capgemini Invent we ideate and bring to life what’s next for our clients. By combining strategy, technology, data science and creative design expertise with an inventive mindset, we work with our clients to solve their most complex business and technology challenges. Located in more than 30 offices and 10 creative studios around the world, we have a 6,000+ strong team.
As a globally renowned technology and digital leader, we have the responsibility, the ambition and the means to contribute to solving major societal questions that are shaping our future world. Invent for Society aims to value how social impact is part of the fabric of what we do.
An overview of the role:
All businesses are fast becoming technology businesses (regardless of industry, market, or geography). To bring that to life, a clearly articulated, executable technology strategy that gets to the crux of how an enterprise realises value from its technology assets (people, kit, and capability) is essential. For us, value is simply increased revenue, reduced cost, lower exposure to risk, and better capital deployment. Our ambition is to become a Technology/IT leader’s firm of choice, advising on where to focus their technology investments and shaping such a transformative strategy as well as broader digital enterprise agenda.
In this context, the focus of your role will be to advise clients on big, strategic technology capability bets: where they need technology to be truly differentiating and innovative and where to be commoditised and provided as a core service, and how to operationalise the capabilities (inhouse, outsource, partner etc.)—all wrapped up with a clear cost and investment profile, and a pragmatic, workable plan for achieving it.
Collaboration and Innovation
We really believe in creating a partnership with out customers. Using our Accelerated Solutions Environment (ASE), you’ll get to know the customer’s needs and challenges, demo innovative solutions and quickly solve problems. It’ll help you discover unexpected answers together.
What you’ll bring to the Enterprise Technology & IT Performance Team
- You will bring the experience of working with business and technology leaders to drive value from technology and, as a result, improve overall enterprise performance.
- You are confident working in a technology environment – but may not necessarily be an expert in IT – you will bring experience in delivering (and/or leading) advisory engagements with an inclination towards making a case for change, using ROI metrics.
- You can demonstrate robust business & IT operational analysis, fact-gathering, analytical and quantitative skills. You will have excellent communication and presentation capabilities, with knowledge of prevalent tools, methodologies and frameworks tailored for our clients’ needs.
- You like to work in fast paced environments and can build relationships quickly, both internally and externally, even in a remote working world. Above all, you are passionate about driving enterprise performance using technology as a key lever.
- Experience in two or more areas in an advisory capacity (preferably within Private Sector): enterprise technology/IT strategy development, digital strategy, IT business case, IT restructure/complexity reduction, IT governance, IT cost optimisation, IT financial management/Technology business management, Platform/ architecture modernisation/rationalisation/consolidation, M&A transaction advisory, IT carve-out, IT post-merger integration activities.
- Knowledge of platforms/products will be an advantage, although not necessary: SAP, Oracle, Salesforce, AWS, Microsoft, Apptio etc. Experience in Retail, Consumer Products and Energy & Utilities sectors preferrable.
What we offer at Capgemini Invent
Capgemini Invent offers a cultural environment for consultants to learn, to take ownership and contribute to business growth
Our consultants are formally trained from industry experts on management consulting and client delivery. Examples of these include Agile delivery (Scrum Master, Product Owner, Scaled Agile Framework) and technologies (AWS, Azure, Google) and Cyber security (CISSP, CISM)
Client engagements give you the opportunity to work with our leadership and experienced consulting management, where you can learn from them, challenge them and accelerate your hands-on experience, delivery capability and industry insights.
You’ll learn how we write compelling client propositions, structure and lead high-profile transformation, and gain hands-on exposure to leading technologies, often taking an idea from a concept to a vision, to strategy and then execution
Les Fontaines: Capgemini Invent has a unique training environment just outside of Paris, where we can immerse ourselves in thought-leadership, share knowledge and build capabilities which will help us and our clients to succeed.
We hold monthly showcases of our digital transformation initiatives, sharing knowledge and showing off how the power of technology is impacting our clients.
There are monthly team drinks, and it’s a chance to connect face-to-face with the wider team over a few drinks in the city. The monthly team breakfasts give you a different, more relaxed setting to meet up in the office on Fridays to hear from the leadership, meet colleagues and discuss the trends and insights within the market. Team away days are always a chance to connect with the team, have fun and learn something new – sometimes even pizza-making or shuffle boarding.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Whilst you will have London, Manchester or Glasgow as an office base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles may involve periods of time away from home at short notice.
We offer a remuneration package which includes flexible benefits options for you to choose to suit your own personal circumstances and a variable element dependent grade and on company and personal performance.
In order to commence a role with Capgemini UK plc you will be required to provide documentary proof prior to joining the Company that you are entitled to live and work in the UK.
More information is at available at: https://www.capgemini.com/gb-en/service/invent/