Who you’ll be working with:
At Capgemini Invent, we ideate and bring to life what’s next for our clients. By combining strategy, technology, data science and creative design expertise with an inventive mindset, we work with our clients to solve their most complex business and technology challenges. Located in more than 30 offices and 10 creative studios around the world, we have a 6,000+ strong team.
As a globally renowned technology and digital leader, we have the responsibility, the ambition and the means to contribute to solving major societal questions that are shaping our future world. Invent for Society aims to value how social impact is part of the fabric of what we do.
The Business Technology practice is one of the leading CIO advisory and technology innovation teams in the UK and Europe. Our high calibre management consultants deliver profitable outcomes in business and IT-oriented environments, working in a collaborative way with major FTSE 100 and Government clients to achieve their strategic goals effectively.
See what it’s like to work at Capgemini Invent, visit our Glassdoor page.
The Digital Trust and Security team
Cybersecurity is a rapidly growing issue globally in an ever complex, digital and interconnected society. In today’s world, organisations now face a huge array of cyber threats and we all hear about the daily high-profile data breaches that are costly both financially and reputationally. Our vision is to provide inclusive digital security consulting services to enable our clients to achieve digital innovation at speed and scale, with confidence. We work with other teams in Invent and Capgemini as a whole to ensure our clients adopt the use of cloud and DevSecOps in a secure fashion.
Capgemini Invent will offer you the opportunity to develop your skills and passion in this field across a wide variety and scale of engagements and will provide a fantastic platform to build a long-term career.
Our Digital Trust & Security practice helps our clients protect their digital assets and technology enabled business processes to reduce the business value at risk, ensure compliance with regulations and build trust with customers and stakeholder. We do this by deploying specialists and innovators to evaluate cyber risks, redesign their security operating models, run programmes to drive security culture change amongst their people and rework their security and compliance regimes to make them efficient, effective and sustainable.
An overview of the role
For this role in particular, we are looking for individuals with experience in risk management and embedding security as part of cloud and DevOps adoption, such as risk analysis, governance and education and awareness. Depending on experience, you will be a key delivery contributors, experts in the team and/or manage a workstream of consultants and client staff within a broader project whereas our Managing Consultants are mentors in the business and key points of contact for clients.
Typical objectives for our consultants include:
• Providing expertise in the strategic, organisational and human aspects of Cybersecurity;
• Engaging in projects for our clients which transform their Cybersecurity and Operational Resilience capabilities and reduce business risk;
• Engaging with clients in business and IT to influence the board and senior stakeholders;
• Developing new security strategies to manage emerging risks in Cloud & agile/DevSecOps operating environments;
• Collaborating with colleagues in teams to deliver security strategy, governance, security testing, identity & access management (IAM), privacy and cyber data analytics;
Enable a growing team of project security analysts to ensure that all business and technology initiatives are supported in an agile manner, and act as a central point of escalation for risk and issues.
• Enable change initiatives by determining high level security requirements for projects, estimating security involvement and coaching them through their delivery lifecycle.
• Be a central point of contact for assigned projects, enabling and ensuring compliant with internal security policies, government guidance and relevant legal and regulatory legislation.
• Enhance and develop the project delivery framework, processes and documentation aligned with industry best practices, e.g. agile, OWASP, ISF IRM, ISO, etc.
• Responsible for reviewing technical designs for compliance with security policy and suggesting enhancements.
• Collaborate with technical and business resources to create project specific documentation such as, security evaluations, resource estimates, risk assessments etc.
• Provide guidance in conjunction with Technical Architects to understand and resolve project challenges;
• Liaise with DevOps team to ensure their development environments continue to aligned to Government security standards
• Provision of timely advice on software and system security issues.
Typical experience and qualifications:
• SC cleared or eligible
• Experience from within either a Big 4 consultancy / financial services / gov’t digital services design business
• Experience gained within risk management, either agile / threat modelling, or enterprise risk management
• Qualification such as CISSP / CISM equivalent preferred but not a must
Successful candidates will also bring excellent communication skills and the confidence to influence senior stakeholders to the role.
Collaboration and Innovation:
We really believe in creating a partnership with our customers. Using our Accelerated Solutions Environment (ASE), you’ll get to know the customer’s needs and challenges, demo innovative solutions and quickly solve problems. It’ll help you discover unexpected answers together.
You’ll be free to make your role and your career what you want it to be. Proactivity and ambition flourish at Capgemini Invent. There are countless opportunities available to propel your development forward: seek out those that suit you, and we will back you all the way. In summary, we believe the following make this a great place to work:
• Show how single minds make for better teams: Work alongside fierce intellects who love to collaborate.
• Be comfortable outside your comfort zone: Self-stretchers thrive in our environment.
• Build momentum in your career: Make your role and your career what you want it to be.
• Stay true to who you are: Play to your strengths and bring your individuality.
• Aim for nothing less than leading edge: We thrive on the knowledge that the Digital work we do has real impact.
• Give your curiosity freedom and focus: A place where inquisitiveness and entrepreneurial thinking are encouraged.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Learning and development:
There’s an endless amount to learn at Capgemini, and an endless number of ways to do so. So, you’ll also have unique training opportunities to take advantage of. Some of our consultants even have the chance to go to Les Fontaine (near Paris, France), where we host a conference. Outside of dedicated training, everyone makes time to help and support one another – collaboration is encouraged across all of our teams.
We understand that everyone has varied lives and we want you to have a great work-life balance. So, where possible, our Work Life Harmony policy will help you to work flexibly and juggle your work and home life.
We’re also focused on using tech to have a positive social impact. So, we’re working to reduce our own carbon footprint and improve everyone’s access to a digital world. It’s something we’re really serious
about. In fact, we were even named as one of the world’s most ethical companies by the Ethisphere Institute for an 8th year. When you join Capgemini, you’ll join a team that does the right thing.
Whilst you will have Glasgow or London as an office base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles may involve periods of time away from home at short notice.
We offer a remuneration package which includes flexible benefits options for you to choose to suit your own personal circumstances and a variable element dependent grade and on company and personal performance.
In order to commence a role with Capgemini UK plc you will be required to provide documentary proof prior to joining the Company that you are entitled to live and work in the UK.
More information is at available at: https://www.capgemini.com/gb-en/service/invent/