The focus of your role:
The Energy and Utilities industry is continuing to experience unprecedented change. The impact of digital disruption is increasing across all parts of the energy value chain, and at the same time regulators are shifting to focus on consumer outcomes. We have an important role to play: The need to understand, design and implement change based on drivers including climate change, decarbonisation of the energy sector, energy storage, new economic models, and new technology are increasing, alongside our core capabilities of customer experience transformation, asset and operations transformation, cost reduction and operating model transformation.
Some of our recent work has included; creating the future operating model for our client’s UK operations, designing an award winning future customer experience for the competitive arm of a water sector client, delivering a multi-year and multi-dimension change programme for an energy distribution company, and leading the global implementation of change for an energy-technology business. We have also built blockchain prototypes, written thought leadership on the future role of Distribution Systems Operators and deployed agile at scale for new customer experiences through digital channels.
In this role, you will work with our Energy & Utilities clients to shape their journey, co-designing and supporting their transformation. We are looking for enthusiastic consultants experienced in the delivery of Change to join our Utilities Sector Team and you will be part of the Sector Transformation team delivering successful end to end transformation programmes with our clients.
Consultants in this role will be dynamic in their approach and able to manage change with personality, precision and predictability to help realise measurable, positive business outcomes. You will focus on the transfer of capability and also contribute to the strategic direction of the Capgemini Invent Sector Transformation team, coaching and developing others as well as applying your skills in business development activities.
Capgemini Invent is a strategic partner for utilities around the world. Our 24,000 strong Energy & Utilities Business brings to life what’s next for our clients by combining strategy, technology, data science and creative design. We help our clients – including 40 in the UK – to become more customer focused, to embrace the power of new technologies, data science and the digital revolution, to explore new business models, to control costs and add value for customers and stakeholders.
With continued growth across the Energy & Utilities Sector, we are seeing a significant increase in demand for our teams who are already working with major UK Utilities organisations. As such, we are recruiting Senior Consultants into our Energy and Utilities Sector Transformation team to support clients across the UK and globally. You’ll bring your delivery experience, leadership and stakeholder management skills to support our clients to innovate and develop new strategies, and products and services. Responsible for leading the delivery of projects, you will work in partnership with clients to design and implement new business and operating models, often taking an agile approach. As an emerging leader in the practice, you will balance your delivery role with supporting the development and expansion of our Strategy and Operating Model team. The role will be varied and challenging, working with clients to leverage emerging opportunities and solve their most pressing problems, often in a fluid and uncertain environment.
Your role will be to:
- be working on your own, or part of a team to:
- help organisations to understand the capability and impact of digital transformation and technology
- define and deliver the digital platforms required to enable a business’ digital and wider business strategy
- define digital / IT enabled business transformation programmes to implement the strategic initiatives
- define how to manage and exploit data effectively to enable the objectives of the organisation
- shape and support the delivery of digital / IT enabled business transformation programmes including Agile at Scale, Cloud and DevSecOps transformation
- undertake stakeholder analysis, run, and facilitate workshops and produce variety of different analytical documents
- apply agile ways of working and adhere to best principles of delivery
- be expected to participate in different analysis, design, and solutioning workshops and produce written outputs for these, either working on your own or within a team
- build strong, long-lasting client relationships as a trusted advisor at all levels
- coach, develop, and performance manage team members as part of project delivery
- be expected to design the appropriate templates and deliverables that meet our client requirements, leveraging Capgemini assets but also using, where applicable our clients own
What you’ll bring
We are looking for candidates with a proven consulting track record of delivering value in the Energy & Utilities Sector or a related sector, who enjoy working collaboratively with clients and have a passion for developing people.
You’ll bring experience in transforming the way Energy & Utilities organisations operate through enabling technology. You are confident working in a technology environment – but may not necessarily have an IT background or be an expert in IT – you will bring proven skills and experience at leading and delivering management consultancy projects.
You will advise in shaping their vision of technology and business capabilities, build a strategy to succeed and define digital transformation roadmaps to deliver the strategy. Using your skills in strategy execution, you will own and deliver the transformation for our clients leveraging Agile at Scale and digital delivery models.
We need a combination of digital strategy and delivery experience combined by a passion for solving complex problems as part of a results-driven, supportive team. We expect an entrepreneurial flair and a willingness to take calculated risks, alongside a keen appetite to develop new skills. In addition, you’ll have the following experience:
- Sector knowledge – an understanding of the current trends and issues in the Energy & Utilities sector and broader ecosystem, and their impact on organisations and society including the anticipated shift in RIIO-2 capability requirements of the UK Utilities industry.
- Proven business success – at least three to six years of demonstrated consulting success defined by clear, measurable business outcomes achieved.
- Analysis and problem solving – the ability to shape and solve problems using both qualitative and quantitative, data-driven approaches to derive meaningful insights that add value for our clients
- Excellent presentation and articulation skills – outstanding written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate complex problems, quantitative analysis and solutions in a way they can be quickly understood.
- Business relationship building – demonstrated ability to develop and maintain relationships including senior executive level
- Learning and coaching – the desire to continue developing and to develop those around, both for clients and your Capgemini Invent employees.
About Capgemini Invent
As the digital innovation, consulting and transformation business of the Capgemini Group, Capgemini Invent helps CxOs envision and build what’s next for their organisations. We’re located in more than 30 offices and 10 creative studios around the world, and our 7,000+ strong team combines strategy, technology, data science and creative design with deep industry expertise and insights, to develop new digital solutions and business models of the future.
Delivering across a range of dedicated sectors, our work covers depth and breadth; from running major programmes for the largest banking and financial services organisations, to supporting the strategy and operating models of individual police forces, smart metering solutions providers, and FMCG consumer insights and analytics functions. The outcomes of our work across Public Sector, Energy & Utilities, Financial Services, Consumer Products & Retail and Automotive touches virtually every citizen and business in the land. We use data to drive insights; creative design to support solution development and consulting and advisory skills to develop and implement new strategies and operating models. Through advanced data analytics and emerging tech-enabled solutions such as artificial intelligence and automation, we’re helping organisations to navigate the new world of big data, while supporting the development and implementation of new strategies, processes and business models.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Learning and development
There’s an endless amount to learn at Capgemini, and an endless number of ways to do so. So you’ll also have unique training opportunities to take advantage of. Some of our consultants even have the chance to go to Les Fontaine (near Paris, France), where we host a conference. Outside of dedicated training, everyone makes time to help and support one another – collaboration is encouraged across all of our teams.
Whilst you will have London, Manchester or Glasgow as an office base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles may involve periods of time away from home at short notice.
We offer a remuneration package which includes flexible benefits options for you to choose to suit your own personal circumstances and a variable element dependent grade and on company and personal performance.
In order to commence a role with Capgemini UK plc you will be required to provide documentary proof prior to joining the Company that you are entitled to live and work in the UK.
More information is at available at: https://www.capgemini.com/gb-en/service/invent/