Who you’ll be working with:
At Capgemini Invent, we ideate and bring to life what’s next for our clients. By combining strategy, technology, data science and creative design expertise with an inventive mindset, we work with our clients to solve their most complex business and technology challenges. Located in more than 30 offices and 10 creative studios around the world, we have a 6,000+ strong team.
As a globally renowned technology and digital leader, we have the responsibility, the ambition and the means to contribute to solving major societal questions that are shaping our future world. Invent for Society aims to value how social impact is part of the fabric of what we do.
The Business Technology practice is one of the leading CIO advisory and technology innovation teams in the UK and Europe. Our high calibre management consultants deliver profitable outcomes in business and IT-oriented environments, working in a collaborative way with major FTSE 100 and Government clients to achieve their strategic goals effectively.
See what it’s like to work at Capgemini Invent, visit our Glassdoor page
An overview of the role:
Our Digital Business Architects are the architects of positive futures and are at the heart of driving better business outcomes with and for our clients. As part of shaping this future, we use talented Architects to deliver leading-edge digital solutions for our clients, combining a clear understanding of business value and a consultative approach to make the difference.
Working with leading architects, technology consultants and business sector experts, you will be at the heart of delivering profitable outcomes in business- and technology-oriented environments, helping a broad range of private- and public-sector clients to achieve their strategic goals. Our Digital Business Architects sit within the Digital Architecture guild, part of the Business Technology practice in Capgemini Invent. We are a dynamic community that values growth, professional development, and the ability to make a real difference. We work in diverse multi-disciplinary teams, hand-in-glove with our clients.
What we offer:
Capgemini Invent offers architects a culture of learning, ownership, and focus on value.
• Our consultants are formally trained by industry experts in consulting and client delivery; examples include Agile delivery (Scrum Master, Product Owner, Scaled Agile Framework), technologies (AWS, Azure) and Cybersecurity (CISSP, CISM). Capgemini Invent offers you the flexibility to develop various areas of knowledge in technical domains aligned both to your interests and our clients’ outcomes.
• Client engagements give you the opportunity to work with our leadership and experienced consulting management, where you can learn from and challenge them, and accelerate your hands-on experience, delivery capability and industry insights.
• You’ll learn how we write compelling client propositions, structure and lead high-profile transformations, and gain hands-on exposure to leading technologies, often taking an idea from a concept to a vision, to strategy and then execution.
• Les Fontaines: Capgemini Invent has a unique training environment just outside Paris, where we can immerse ourselves in thought-leadership, share knowledge and build capabilities that will help us and our clients to succeed.
• We hold monthly showcases of our digital transformation initiatives, sharing knowledge and showing off how the power of technology is impacting our clients.
• Normally (outside of COVID restrictions) there are monthly team drinks, and it’s a chance to connect face-to-face with the wider team over a few drinks in the city. The monthly team breakfasts give you a different, more relaxed setting to meet up in the office to hear from the leadership, meet colleagues and discuss the trends and insights within the market. Team away days are always a chance to connect with the team, have fun and learn something new (We are constantly monitoring the Government’s advice on COVID, and run events in line with that, often virtually at the moment).
What you’ll bring to Digital Architecture:
The focus of your role, as a Digital Business Architect, will be on working in a product design or development team to architect the solutions for our clients.
You could be doing one or more of …
• Help clients define their digital strategy and build the business case for investing in digital.
• Define compelling customer value propositions and winning business models for the digital era.
• Creating and documenting solution blueprints, roadmaps, capability models, or operating models.
• Applying Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, SAFe) to define requirements, features, user stories (solution backlog) and use cases.
• Applying Design Thinking to develop personas, define pain points, define MVPs and prototypes, contribute to solution hypothesis and test plans.
• Own solution build, managing and prioritising requirements and collaborating closely with design and development experts to find solutions.
• Working closely with SMEs to ensure solution feasibility, viability, and compliance.
• Communicating with both business and IT teams at all levels to ensure alignment and either change the solution or pivot when necessary.
• Utilise data-driven decision making and build appropriate recommendations for your client.
• Cultivate strong relationships among working teams and have exposure to senior leadership.
You will have a mixture of the following experience:
• Business architecture experience in consulting or industry (Bus. Architect or Analyst, Product Owner, Product Manager).
• Wider experience and capability in technology-enabled rethinking / reengineering of business models (service design, organisational change, business strategy, financial analysis, process improvement such as Lean / Six Sigma).
• Good leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent verbal, written and visual communication skills – able to explain complex concepts simply.
• Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
• Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment – and to disambiguate it.
• Ability to lead a team with direct reports.
• Being highly organised and results oriented.
• Delivering results in an Agile environment.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to understand and engage with technical teams on highly complex projects.
You’ll be free to make your role and your career what you want it to be. Proactivity and ambition flourish at Capgemini Invent. There are countless opportunities available to propel your development forward: seek out those that suit you, and we will back you all the way. In summary, we believe the following make this a great place to work:
· Show how single minds make for better teams: Work alongside fierce intellects who love to collaborate.
· Be comfortable outside your comfort zone: Self-stretchers thrive in our environment.
· Build momentum in your career: Make your role and your career what you want it to be.
· Stay true to who you are: Play to your strengths and bring your individuality.
· Aim for nothing less than leading edge: We thrive on the knowledge that the Digital work we do has real impact.
· Give your curiosity freedom and focus: A place where inquisitiveness and entrepreneurial thinking are encouraged.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Learning and development:
There’s an endless amount to learn at Capgemini, and an endless number of ways to do so. So, you’ll also have unique training opportunities to take advantage of. Some of our consultants even have the chance to go to Les Fontaine (near Paris, France), where we host a conference. Outside of dedicated training, everyone makes time to help and support one another – collaboration is encouraged across all of our teams.
We understand that everyone has varied lives and we want you to have a great work-life balance. So, where possible, our Work Life Harmony policy will help you to work flexibly and juggle your work and home life.
We’re also focused on using tech to have a positive social impact. So, we’re working to reduce our own carbon footprint and improve everyone’s access to a digital world. It’s something we’re really serious
about. In fact, we were even named as one of the world’s most ethical companies by the Ethisphere Institute for an 8th year. When you join Capgemini, you’ll join a team that does the right thing.
Whilst you will have London, Manchester or Glasgow as an office base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles may involve periods of time away from home at short notice.
We offer a remuneration package which includes flexible benefits options for you to choose to suit your own personal circumstances and a variable element dependent grade and on company and personal performance.
In order to commence a role with Capgemini UK plc you will be required to provide documentary proof prior to joining the Company that you are entitled to live and work in the UK.
More information is at available at: https://www.capgemini.com/gb-en/service/invent/