Who you’ll be working with:
At Capgemini Invent, we ideate and bring to life what’s next for our clients. By combining strategy, technology, data science and creative design expertise with an inventive mindset, we work with our clients to solve their most complex business and technology challenges. Located in more than 30 offices and 10 creative studios around the world, we have a 6,000+ strong team.
As a globally renowned technology and digital leader, we have the responsibility, the ambition and the means to contribute to solving major societal questions that are shaping our future world. Invent for Society aims to value how social impact is part of the fabric of what we do.
The Future of Technology practice is one of the leading CIO advisory and technology innovation teams in the UK and Europe. Our high calibre management consultants deliver profitable outcomes in business and IT-oriented environments, working in a collaborative way with major FTSE 100 and Government clients to achieve their strategic goals effectively.
See what it’s like to work at Capgemini Invent, visit our Glassdoor page
An overview of the role:
- Help our clients understand and explore how, where and why to apply new digital technologies & platforms. Advising, designing and delivering excellent products and services for our clients to transform their businesses and deliver real value.
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary Agile Scrum team, having responsibility for understanding user needs, working closely with our business partners, translating problems or requirements into user stories and defining acceptance criteria.
- Be highly customer focused and responsible for building stakeholder relationships and using your analytical thinking, problem-solving and communication skills to help achieve the Scrum teams’ goals.
No matter the project or customer, your work will have a meaningful impact on society, businesses and lives. It’s really rewarding. And it’s also really varied. You’ll potentially work on a huge variety of projects (some larger than others), so you could gain lots of experience in a short amount of time.
Collaboration and Innovation:
We really believe in creating a partnership with our customers. Using our Accelerated Solutions Environment (ASE), you’ll get to know the customer’s needs and challenges, demo innovative solutions and quickly solve problems. It’ll help you discover unexpected answers together.
You will bring some or all of the below:
- Experience in a user-centred product or service development projects.
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary Agile Scrum team, facilitating and supporting the end-to-end delivery, from research and design through to development and testing.
- Ability to lead the translation of user needs and business requirements into user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Ability to be the intermediary between both business requirements and user needs, and between waterfall and Agile delivery.
- Proficient in the use of requirements capturing methodology toolsets e.g. JIRA and Confluence.
- Experience in technical business analysis with a familiarity of architectural concepts such as microservice and legacy architecture, API’s and cloud infrastructure.
- Responsible for building highly collaborative internal and external stakeholder relationships, with both the ability to deal with conflict management and to influence key stakeholders.
- Support and lead scrum team activities and ceremonies to ensure delivery of team goals.
- Support effective business analysis through analytical thinking, problem-solving and communication skills.
- The ideal candidate will have experience with Government Digital Service (GDS) design standards.
You’ll be free to make your role and your career what you want it to be. Proactivity and ambition flourish at Capgemini Invent. There are countless opportunities available to propel your development forward: seek out those that suit you, and we will back you all the way. In summary, we believe the following make this a great place to work:
· Show how single minds make for better teams: Work alongside fierce intellects who love to collaborate.
· Be comfortable outside your comfort zone: Self-stretchers thrive in our environment.
· Build momentum in your career: Make your role and your career what you want it to be.
· Stay true to who you are: Play to your strengths and bring your individuality.
· Aim for nothing less than leading edge: We thrive on the knowledge that the Digital work we do has real impact.
· Give your curiosity freedom and focus: A place where inquisitiveness and entrepreneurial thinking are encouraged.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Learning and development:
There’s an endless amount to learn at Capgemini, and an endless number of ways to do so. So, you’ll also have unique training opportunities to take advantage of. Some of our consultants even have the chance to go to Les Fontaine (near Paris, France), where we host a conference. Outside of dedicated training, everyone makes time to help and support one another – collaboration is encouraged across all of our teams.
We understand that everyone has varied lives and we want you to have a great work-life balance. So, where possible, our Work Life Harmony policy will help you to work flexibly and juggle your work and home life.
We’re also focused on using tech to have a positive social impact. So, we’re working to reduce our own carbon footprint and improve everyone’s access to a digital world. It’s something we’re really serious
about. In fact, we were even named as one of the world’s most ethical companies by the Ethisphere Institute for an 8th year. When you join Capgemini, you’ll join a team that does the right thing.
Whilst you will have London, Manchester or Glasgow as an office base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles may involve periods of time away from home at short notice.
We offer a remuneration package which includes flexible benefits options for you to choose to suit your own personal circumstances and a variable element dependent grade and on company and personal performance.
In order to commence a role with Capgemini UK plc you will be required to provide documentary proof prior to joining the Company that you are entitled to live and work in the UK.
More information is at available at: https://www.capgemini.com/gb-en/service/invent/