Who you’ll be working with:
At Capgemini Invent, we bring to life what’s next for our clients.
By combining strategy, technology, data science, and creative design expertise with an inventive mindset, we partner with our clients to innovate and transform their business, helping them navigate today, while plotting a course for the future.
About Capgemini Invent
As the digital innovation, design and transformation brand of the Capgemini Group, Capgemini Invent enables CxOs to envision and shape the future of their businesses. Located in more than 36 offices and 37 creative studios around the world, it comprises a 10,000+ strong team of strategists, data scientists, product and experience designers, brand experts and technologists who develop new digital services, products, experiences and business models for sustainable growth.
Capgemini Invent is an integral part of Capgemini, a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 270,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fueled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion.
An overview of the role and capabilities we are looking for:
Our team is undergoing a transformative stage of growth. Our clients are looking for expertise from Capgemini Invent to shape their technology futures against increasingly challenging times, with Covid-19 disruption, margin pressure, increasingly complex customer expectations, and the burden of legacy technology and legacy operating models all driving the need for modernisation.
We are looking for talented individuals to join the Digital Acceleration consulting team within Business Technology and help take our large-scale corporate clients through the transformative technology journey from strategy to implementation. We have a requirement for Technical Project Managers at varying levels of seniority, from Consultant level through to Managing Consultant level.
We are looking for the following core capabilities from Consultant and Senior Consultant level candidates:
- Able to manage and lead small project teams and interface with third party vendors to deliver discrete changes into production with good outcomes for the client
- Able to architect a delivery solution using either Waterfall or Agile for specific features or supporting the delivery of one or more epics
- Able to leverage strong delivery expertise and translate this into opportunities to sell future Capgemini Invent work
- Able to interface with client stakeholders across a broad level (junior through to senior), and able to communicate status and articulate effectively at decision-making meetings
- Able to translate technology change into understandable artefacts so that business / product owners can assess impact to the operating model
- Demonstration of ability to deliver within timescales, with evidence of budgetary responsibilities
- Demonstrating the attributes required to be successful in a fast-paced Consulting environment
In addition to the capabilities mentioned above, we are looking for an additional set of experiences for candidates applying to the Senior Technical Project Manager (Managing Consultant) level:
- Evidence of taking the business vision / programme vision and articulating a delivery rollout plan for C-Suite stakeholders, and collaborating with key programme decision-makers to agree forward planning
- Evidence of demonstrating delivery excellence, with examples of managing and implementing disruptive digital transformations / product migrations / Cloud transformation initiatives which have had material business impacts
- Evidence of co-ordinating / managing teams of up to 100 FTEs across either large scale transformative or migration programmes (across Financial Services, Government, Utilities, Consumer Products, Retail, Manufacturing, Life Sciences, Telecommunication or Media)
- Able to manage and lead multiple workstreams and orchestrate delivery with internal and external vendors in uncertain / challenging environments to bridge the gap between IT and the business
- Able to architect an end-to-end delivery solution across classical (Waterfall) and new (SAFe / Scaled Agile) methodologies, from the planning and design phase through to implementation and BAU
- Evidence of team building and increasing the capabilities of junior associate consultant / consultant resources
- Evidence of career progression and expansion of roles / responsibilities as your career has advanced
No matter the project or customer, your work will have a meaningful impact on society, businesses and lives. It’s really rewarding. And it’s also really varied. You’ll potentially work on a huge variety of projects (some larger than others), so you could gain lots of experience in a short amount of time.
Collaboration and Innovation:
We really believe in creating a partnership with our customers. Using our Accelerated Solutions Environment (ASE), you’ll get to know the customer’s needs and challenges, demo innovative solutions and quickly solve problems. It’ll help you discover unexpected answers together.
You’ll be free to make your role and your career what you want it to be. Proactivity and ambition flourish at Capgemini Invent. There are countless opportunities available to propel your development forward: seek out those that suit you, and we will back you all the way. In summary, we believe the following make this a great place to work:
• Show how single minds make for better teams: Work alongside fierce intellects who love to collaborate.
• Be comfortable outside your comfort zone: Self-stretchers thrive in our environment.
• Build momentum in your career: Make your role and your career what you want it to be.
• Stay true to who you are: Play to your strengths and bring your individuality.
• Aim for nothing less than leading edge: We thrive on the knowledge that the Digital work we do has real impact.
• Give your curiosity freedom and focus: A place where inquisitiveness and entrepreneurial thinking are encouraged.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Learning and development:
There’s an endless amount to learn at Capgemini, and an endless number of ways to do so. So, you’ll also have unique training opportunities to take advantage of. Some of our consultants even have the chance to go to Les Fontaine (near Paris, France), where we host a conference. Outside of dedicated training, everyone makes time to help and support one another – collaboration is encouraged across all of our teams.
We understand that everyone has varied lives and we want you to have a great work-life balance. So, where possible, our Work Life Harmony policy will help you to work flexibly and juggle your work and home life.
We’re also focused on using tech to have a positive social impact. So, we’re working to reduce our own carbon footprint and improve everyone’s access to a digital world. It’s something we’re really serious about. In fact, we were even named as one of the world’s most ethical companies by the Ethisphere Institute for an 8th year. When you join Capgemini, you’ll join a team that does the right thing.
Whilst you will have London, Manchester or Glasgow as an office base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles may involve periods of time away from home at short notice.
We offer a remuneration package which includes flexible benefits options for you to choose to suit your own personal circumstances and a variable element dependent grade and on company and personal performance.
In order to commence a role with Capgemini UK plc you will be required to provide documentary proof prior to joining the Company that you are entitled to live and work in the UK.
More information is at available at: https://www.capgemini.com/gb-en/service/invent/