Who you’ll be working with
Capgemini Consulting is the global strategy and transformation consulting organisation of the Capgemini Group, specialising in advising and supporting enterprises in significant transformation, from innovative strategy to execution and with an unstinting focus on results. With the new digital economy creating significant disruptions and opportunities, our global team of over 3,600 talented individuals work with leading companies and governments to master Digital Transformation, drawing on our understanding of the digital economy and our leadership in business transformation and organisational change.
The focus of your role
The Business and Technology Innovation practice is one of the leading Business IT Services teams in the UK and Europe. Our high calibre management consultants deliver profitable outcomes in business and IT-oriented environments, working in a collaborative way with major FTSE 100 and Government clients to achieve their strategic goals effectively.
You will work on the pursuit and delivery of consulting services around Cybersecurity and will be a major contributor to Capgemini’s Cybersecurity offer, in close collaboration with our Capgemini UK IT security practices.
What you’ll do
As a Consultant or Senior Consultant, you’ll apply domain expertise and methods in areas of consulting capability and / or industry or sector knowledge. Our Senior Consultants are experts in the team and typically manage a workstream of consultants and client staff within a broader project.
As a Managing Consultant, you’ll lead the development of domain expertise and methods in areas of consulting capability and / or industry or sector knowledge. Managing Consultants are mentors in the business and key points of contact for clients. You’ll manage projects without daily oversight from Principals or VPs, and be at the forefront of identifying new sell-on opportunities within accounts to which you deliver.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Developing robust and pragmatic Cybersecurity projects, with the ability to advise on additional Capgemini consulting services;
- Collaborating with colleagues who will be delivering security testing, Identity & access management and security analytics.
- Providing expertise in the strategic, organisational and human aspects of Cybersecurity;
- Engaging in projects for our clients which transform their Cybersecurity capabilities and reduce business risk;
- Engaging with clients in business and IT to influence the board and stakeholders;
You will have a strong desire to be part of, and contribute to, the growth and success of a top-tier consulting practice, contributing to our offers, our knowledge and our overall strategic goals.
What you’ll bring
You’ll bring experience of proven delivery success in the Cybersecurity space, particularly in the areas or IT security policy, IT security processes and IT security strategies and also demonstrate management consulting competencies such as people and change management, business process design, transformation and employee processes.
In addition, you’ll also bring experience in at least 2 of the following:
- Cyber advisory services;
- Cyber Strategy and Target Operating Model;
- Cyber project management – establishing and controlling;
- Cyber Maturity Model, health assessments, and privacy impact assessments;
- Cyber Governance, risk and compliance (GRC) assessment and recommendations;
- Threat and Vulnerability assessment and management;
- Third-party risk management – supply chain risks, ISP risks, software vendor risks;
- Cybersecurity standards (i.e. ISF Standards of Good Practise, ISO 27001/2, HMG Security Policy Framework, PCI-DSS, PASS 555, COBIT, NIST)
Finally, a certification in security management (e.g. CSMP, CISM , GSLC, CISSP or similar) and an understanding of Digital Transformation, related to Social, Mobility, Analytics, Cloud, and Internet of Things are of definite value.
You’ll be keen to work within an ambitious consulting environment, where you’ll want to contribute to our growth and success; contributing to our offers, our knowledge and our overall strategic goals. Our business culture is collaborative and supportive – we place a large emphasis on developing the careers of our team and supporting each other across the practice, where team players bring a passion for transforming business through enabling technology. You’ll also bring excellent communication skills and the confidence to influence senior stakeholders.