Who you’ll be working with
UK Government is under relentless pressure to deliver efficient and transparent citizen services whilst driving down costs and transforming ways of working. Capgemini helps central government clients address these challenges as they turn policy into reality. Our innovative solutions and renowned collaborative approach to working with clients are delivering results across central government and the public sector, including health.
Markets trends around digital transformation, the availability of big data and changing citizen expectations – combined with increasing pressures to reduce costs – are having significant implications for decision making in the public sector.
Too often the public sector finds it difficult to learn from the best examples from governments around the world. Our global scale and breadth means that we are able to bring international insights to our clients. Capgemini Consulting has more than 900 dedicated public sector consultants in 20 countries, and over 2,500 consultants in our global network. We work across the public sector in national, regional, and local government agencies.
The focus of your role
We focus on change strategy and enabling change—resulting in the adoption of new behaviours and mindsets by individuals and teams. Our Business Model Transformation practice brings together a range of People Change capabilities to help navigate organisations through digital evolution, helping them to set their strategic direction, create new operating models and deliver sustainable change.
We are looking for enthusiastic Business Change Consultants to join the Business Model Transformation (BMT) team. You will be part of the Change team delivering successful end-to-end transformation programmes across the public sector. Consultants in this role will be dynamic in their approach and able to manage change with personality, precision and predictability to help realise measurable, positive business outcomes.
What you’ll do
We work with government departments across:
- Tax and Welfare
- Public Security
- Education and Public Services
Our key areas of work are:
Digital: we help government to transform services and business models into Digital by Default.
Business Process Transformation: we help government departments to harness technology innovation to reduce process complexity and costs and achieve transformation goals.
Business IT Strategy and Transformation: we transform government IT organisations into innovative, digital service providers.
Cyber Security: we help our government clients protect their assets.
G-Cloud: Capgemini services are available through G-Cloud on the Digital Marketplace.
Working within the BMT team involves advising on significant business and organisational change that utilise our leading practice methods, tools and techniques. You'll make change "stick", ensuring sustainable benefits are realised by our clients, through your ability to have personal impact and skill in application of our methods. You will focus on the transfer of capability and also contribute to the strategic direction of the Capgemini Change team, coaching and developing others within BMT.
What you’ll bring
You may come from a recognised consultancy background, or your career to date might have been spent working in the public sector. Either way, you’ll have a desire to build a career in the consulting sector, and you’ll bring knowledge and experience gained by working in business change or project management roles on large scale Digital Transformation programmes. You’ll thrive on all things digital and have a determination to find a digital means of enabling change.
You will have a good grounding in some or all of the following areas:
- Change strategy: Defining the desired future state of an organisation or function based on the change programme; and designing the change programme itself, including specific initiatives in areas such as definition of essential behaviours, communications strategy, learning strategy and the approach to leveraging analytics and measurement tools and methodologies.
- Behavioural Change: Defining the desired behaviours from the organisation and putting in place a behavioural measurement and tracking capability.
- Enablement: Stakeholder analysis; change impact assessment; change measurement and analytics; communications and stakeholder management; training and performance support; focusing on knowledge transfer to the organisation to sustain BAU.
- Change Tracking: Focus upon the use of data points and analytics; reporting and KPIs to demonstrate benefits realisation associated with Change Management, and calling to action, where needed.
- Programme Methods: Expertise in Agile and Dev Ops methodologies; versed in impact and application of these methods across Change Management.
- Digital Engagement: Confidence in integrating digital tools to communications, learning and analytics; current knowledge and experience of a range of applications to facilitate digital exchange.
WHY JOIN US? What makes Capgemini Consulting unique?
You’ll be free to make your role and your career what you want it to be. Proactivity and ambition flourish at Capgemini Consulting. There are countless opportunities available to propel your development forward: seek out those that suit you, and we will back you all the way. In summary, we believe the following make this a great place to work:
- Show how single minds make for better teams: Work alongside fierce intellects who love to collaborate.
- Be comfortable outside your comfort zone: Self-stretchers thrive in our environment.
- Build momentum in your career: Make your role and your career what you want it to be.
- Stay true to who you are: Play to your strengths and bring your individuality.
- Aim for nothing less than leading edge: We thrive on the knowledge that the Digital work we do has real impact.
- Give your curiosity freedom and focus: A place where inquisitiveness and entrepreneurial thinking are encouraged.
Whilst you will have London as an office base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles may involve periods of time away from home at short notice.
We offer a remuneration package which includes fixed salary, and in addition for Senior Consultant and above, you will receive variable compensation dependent on company and personal performance. We also offer flexible benefits options for you to choose to suit your own personal circumstances.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
In order to commence a role with Capgemini UK plc you will be required to provide documentary proof prior to joining the Company that you are entitled to live and work in the UK.
More information is at available at: www.uk.capgemini-consulting.com/