Job Title – Software Engineer – Mainframe
Location – Toronto, Canada (other cities across Canada)
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
The Value You Deliver
As a Software Engineer, you will play a Mainframe Developer role. You will focus on mainframe development using CICS, 3270 screens, Cobol, working directly with both technical and business stakeholders to translate a vision and designs into sustainable business solutions. You will be responsible for the support and development, ensuring your delivery with quality, consistency to our standards, performance.
You will be a key member of an integrated implementation team responsible for day-to-day operations and development. While adhering to established processes and procedures, you will work closely with internal partners in an Agile team framework.
Responsibilities of the role include
- Ability to understand and analyze the functional requirements
- Support online screens with development and support
- Close interaction with the project team members
- Peer review and testing
The Skills that are Key to this role
- 5+ years of work experience in CICS, 3270 screens, Cobol, DB2, JCL, VSAM
- Displays a full understanding of the software development process including analysis, design, coding, system and user testing, problem resolution, and planning.
- Ability to work with a variety of individuals and groups, both in-person and virtually, in a constructive and collaborative manner
Required Technical skills
- Experience in Mainframe development using CICS, 3270 screens, COBOL
- Knowledge of DB2, JCL, VSAM
- Knowledge of SQL, File-aid, SPUFI, and Platinum is preferred
- Domain knowledge of Financial Services is a plus but not required
- Experience in Agile development methodology and Jira tool a plus
- Exposure to Distributed Technology like JAVA, Angular will be an added advantage
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Quick learner and willing to adapt and learn new technologies
- Great attitude, team player, and effective contributor
- Commitment to quality and high standards
What we offer:
Your career matters to you and is important to us too. Because your goals and needs are constantly evolving, we offer visibility, leeway, and support to help you grow and progress in your career. This approach builds notably on our comprehensive competency framework, our personal development, training and career management programs, and our University's innovative and business-focused learning curriculums. We promote a culture of diversity. We believe working with talented individuals from different backgrounds and points of view is a strategic advantage and an ongoing opportunity. Diversity enriches our creative solutions and adds value for our clients. With the digital tech sector growing at a rapid pace and women significantly underrepresented in the industry, we are determined to inspire and recruit more women into technology and build diverse teams that reflect the clients we serve. Our Shared values have been at the heart of the group since our formation. They are honesty, boldness, trust, freedom, team spirit, modesty, and fun. These values influence the way we meet client needs while respecting the regulatory requirements of each country in which we operate, and the way we promote ethically sound practices within Capgemini and in our partnerships. Capgemini is committed to building a workforce of employees with diverse backgrounds and work experiences. We strongly encourage women, veterans, and active military service personnel to apply.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities, and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship. Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.