Project Role: Mainframe Support and Operations Engineer (x 2 staffs)
- Join the existing L2 team of the client (large multinational Insurance company)
- Take in calls / emails from L1 Help Desk Teams / or external application teams and analyze the issue.
- Monitor Job Abends and analyze Joblog and send report to L3 team(s).
Scheduling and Running Jobs
- Executing Batch Jobs using Control-M
- Understanding new releases from the Development team so that support for those can be provided.
- Participate in Disaster Recovery Tests as may be scheduled by the client
Required skill and Experience
- Familiar with the following technology: AS400, z/OS, DB2, SAM, VSAM, IMS-DB
- Experience with working in / with Life Insurance companies in Japan, experience in working with Global teams, Good communication skills will be a plus
- 1. Native Japanese skill only; 2. Bilingual language skill – Business Japanese (JLPT 2nd +) and Business English (TOEIC 800 points +)