Any UK Base
Overview of the role
As a Linux Engineer within Capgemini’s vibrant cloud platform team, you will have a pivotal role in the following types of projects:
• Migrating Workloads to Cloud – working as part of a team to migrate application workloads to public cloud, taking end to end responsibility for the Linux workloads
• Platform Modernisation – helping clients embrace opensource solutions embracing Linux, moving away from complex and expensive mid-range systems
• Public Cloud Deployment – working with a Devops or SRE squad, providing expertise across all Linux domains, often including modern application hosting solutions such as docker, Kubernetes and Red Hat OpenShift.
• Optimising Linux Platforms – helping to improve resilience, availability, monitoring, automation and security; often in public cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP) making use of opensource, commercial and cloud platform tools & services.
• ERP to Cloud – helping customers adopt public cloud for ERP (SAP, Oracle) solutions, often with a reliance on Linux as the operating system of choice
The role is focused on specific projects and delivering outcomes, which will change regularly. This is not an operations role – you will see a wide range of challenges over time, every project is different.
Innovation is at the heart of all we do, which is why you will be utilising a variety of open source and proprietary technologies.
We are looking for an individual who is as passionate at delivering solutions that utilise the best Linux based technologies available as we are.
Why this role?
We are a growing team, who operate across the cloud and infrastructure technologies domains. We need to expand our engineering capability and need more people who understand Linux in real depth.
If you are the type of individual who understands the difference that opensource technologies are having on the market and you want to develop your cloud skills further, then this role could be right for you.
So, what kind of skills and qualities are we looking for?
• In-depth knowledge of Linux, covering one or more distro (RHEL, SUSE, Ubuntu, etc.), including high availability & clustering deployments patterns
• Experience of working with Linux and opensource technologies in public cloud.
• Can demonstrate having delivered Linux based solutions in a project context, having been accountable for technical delivery and quality.
• Knowledge of DevOps and SRE delivery models – being able to work in a team or squad, adopting agile methods and ways of working.
• Can demonstrate examples of using scripting (Python, Shell, Perl) to deliver automation, experience of vendor solution like Ansible Tower, SUSE Manager or other opensource tools.
• Will have experience of docker, Kubernetes and/or Red Hat OpenShift – implementing, optimising and operating.
• Will have knowledge and experience in one or more public cloud platform and a good all-round knowledge of infrastructure technologies (compete, storage, networks, data, security)
• Can demonstrate and evidence the ability to interact with team members and clients, develop documentations effectively and present themselves professionally.
You might not have all the qualities – we understand that. If you can demonstrate real expertise in a few and a working knowledge of most, if you show us your passion to develop – then we will support you
While we’re a global consultancy, we’re made up of supportive, close-knit communities. Everyone wants to get the best solutions for our customers and create the best working environment.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing, and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology, and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
See what it’s like to work at Capgemini.
Visit: https://twitter.com/Capgemini and https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Capgemini-Reviews-E3803.htm