Any UK Base
The job on offer
We are a growing team, who operate across the cloud and infrastructure technologies domains. We’re expanding our engineering capability and are looking for people who understand Linux in real depth.
We are looking for an individual who is as passionate at delivering solutions that utilise the best Linux based technologies available as we are
The role is focused on specific projects and delivering outcomes, which will change regularly. This is not an operations role – you will see a wide range of challenges over time, every project is different. Innovation is at the heart of all we do, which is why you will be utilising a variety of open source and proprietary technologies.
As a Linux Engineer within Capgemini’s vibrant cloud platform team, you will have a pivotal role in the following types of projects:
- Migrating Workloads to Cloud – working as part of a team to migrate application workloads to public cloud, taking end to end responsibility for the Linux workloads
- Platform Modernisation – helping clients embrace opensource solutions embracing Linux, moving away from complex and expensive mid-range systems
- Public Cloud Deployment – working with a DevOps or SRE squad, providing expertise across all Linux domains, often including modern application hosting solutions such as docker, Kubernetes and Red Hat OpenShift. Optimising Linux Platforms – helping to improve resilience, availability, monitoring, automation and security; often in public cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP) making use of opensource, commercial and cloud platform tools & services.
- ERP to Cloud – helping customers adopt public cloud for ERP (SAP, Oracle) solutions, often with a reliance on Linux as the operating system of choice
If you are the type of individual who understands the difference that opensource technologies are having on the market and you want to develop your cloud skills further, then this role could be right for you.
So, what kind of skills and qualities are we looking for?
- In-depth knowledge of Linux, covering one or more distro (RHEL, SUSE, Ubuntu, etc.), including high availability & clustering deployments patterns
- Experience of working with Linux and opensource technologies in public cloud.
- Can demonstrate having delivered Linux based solutions in a project context, having been accountable for technical delivery and quality.
- Knowledge of DevOps and SRE delivery models – being able to work in a team or squad, adopting agile methods and ways of working.
- Can demonstrate examples of using scripting (Python, Shell, Perl) to deliver automation, experience of vendor solution like Ansible Tower, SUSE Manager or other opensource tools.
- Experience of docker, Kubernetes and/or Red Hat OpenShift – implementing, optimising and operating.
- Knowledge and experience in one or more public cloud platform and a good all-round knowledge of infrastructure technologies (compete, storage, networks, data, security)
- Can demonstrate and evidence the ability to interact with team members and clients, develop documentations effectively and present themselves professionally.
You might not have all the qualities – we understand that. If you can demonstrate real expertise in a few and a working knowledge of most, if you show us your passion to develop – then we will support you
At Capgemini, we strive to deliver excellence for our clients whilst also creating an environment where our people can thrive, develop, and enjoy a positive work-life balance. Flexible working allows us to be agile in how we deliver to our clients and by offering more freedom in where and how our people work, contributes to a better employee experience.
All UK employees are eligible to request flexible working arrangements, which can be either informal or formal. Your manager will discuss your request with you and review it to ensure any arrangements work for you, your clients, your team, and our business.
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 270,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fuelled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion.
Get the Future You Want | www.capgemini.com