Any Base UK – (expected to work in Barrow 2 to 3 days a week)
The job on offer
The role of the Linux / Unix Architect – SME, you will work with operational and project teams to provide detailed designs, build and guidance on various aspects of Linux / Unix solutions for Hybrid platforms.
The role is responsible for: –
• Private, Public & Hybrid Cloud – architecting, designing, building and testing new Linux / Unix solutions. Often large and complex projects, with inputs from multiple technology domains (network, compute, monitoring, security).
• Consulting, architecting, designing, building, migrating, and testing Linux / Unix solutions for Hybrid platforms.
• Server migration, consolidation and transformation programmes
• Physical, Virtual and Cloud Server refresh, upgrade and deployment projects
Experience and evidence of working on Linux / Unix projects is core to this role.
• Proven track record in providing design and consultancy covering Linux / Unix availability, virtualisation, security, scalability, operability, and extensibility
• Architecting and deploying Linux / Unix Enterprise solutions on Public, Private and Hybrid cloud platforms
• Good knowledge of infrastructure including networking and storage.
• Knowledge of applications such Oracle Database and Apache webserver.
• Deploying Linux / Unix solutions on cloud platforms
• Deploying Enterprise Linux / Unix platform
• Shell scripting experience
• Experience with clustering on Unix and Linux platforms
• Certification in one or more Redhat, Suse, HP UX, AIX, Solaris, Linux+ (CompTIA) or equivalent desirable
• Cloud Certification on Azure, AWS or GCP is desirable
• Experience of Hyperconverged and Hybrid Architecture is desirable
• Experience with automation tools such as chef, ansible, puppet is desirable
If you are the type of individual with highest calibre, who exhibit the following attributes, experience and skills that enable them to deliver rapid value to our clients, then this role could be right for you.
So, what kind of skills and qualities are we looking for?
• Ability to achieve MOD SC Security Clearance
• Strong Communication skills (written and verbal) in English
• Proven track record working with clients
• Ability to converse with various stakeholders at different levels
• Demonstration of a wide Infrastructure & Industry knowledge on various technical products
• Capable of delivering presentations to internal and external stakeholders
• Understanding of Project and Programme Governance
• Good working knowledge of processes and procedures (e.g. DELIVERY, ITIL)
• Understanding of commercial models and costing development
• Ability to manage and control technical risks and work with assumptions
• Architectural Documentation standards (HLD, DLD, Build & Standard Operating Procedures)
At Capgemini, we strive to deliver excellence for our clients whilst also creating an environment where our people can thrive, develop, and enjoy a positive work-life balance. Flexible working allows us to be agile in how we deliver to our clients and by offering more freedom in where and how our people work, contributes to a better employee experience.
All UK employees are eligible to request flexible working arrangements, which can be either informal or formal. Your manager will discuss your request with you and review it to ensure any arrangements work for you, your clients, your team, and our business.
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 270,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fuelled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion.
Get the Future You Want | www.capgemini.com